What's new

Shark Has a New Platinum Blade

Well, I recieved my Shark Platinum bladed yesterday and gave them a go this morning.
As with any blade I'll need to use them a few times before I can give a definitive verdict as to being a keeper, but if the next few shaves are as good if not better than the first, I'm going to be quite happy with them!

The Shark Platinum is now available at Razor Blades Club (direct and auction site). Updated reviews/assessments available? Compare to Lord Platinum, Parker Platinum?

So, I've been using the same blade since the 4th and it's been a very smooth ride each and every shave. This blade is still going strong as well.
Definitely a keeper!

How do these compare to Lord Platinum?
I've never used Lord Platinum, but they do seem smoother than Shark Super Chrome and Super Stainless, and like both of those blades as well.
I've only come across one blade that I didn't like out of the 30 or so brand I've used, and that's the Graham Field Prep blade. I can shave with them, but speaking out of personal experience, stepping on one of those nails that has the twisted shaft is more enjoyable.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Thanks for sharing, I just bought some since I'm a big shark fan.
DCRIII:
plus-one-png.797576
...I was a Shark Super Chrome user for a long time. :thumbsup:

Hmmm...wonder how they'd compare to my current go-to blade Voskhod?
Darn...wish I could find a 'trial' pack of five blades (hate having to buy a pack of 100 if I don't like'em), on the web.
Kicking the Can - 1.jpg

proxy.php
"A razor [blade] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet." Anonymous

In today's age of reducing excess waste it's disappointing to see them go from a cardboard box to a plastic case just for 5 blades. A step in the wrong direction.

There's an ebay seller who has samples of 5 for like $2.50. I tried one the other day but, like most products by Lord, wasn't impressed. A lot of weepers and irritation, to say the least. Could be the same blade with a repackaging, who knows. My father really likes Shark so I gave him the rest. If he has anything good to say (compared to the super chromes) I'll report back but, it's unlikely.

I ordered a couple tucks to give them a try. I've been a Shark user pretty much exclusively for the last 2 yrs now. I started with the SS and then moved to the SC as I found them to be a smoother blade that had better consistency from shaves 1-5 where the SS was took 2 shaves to even out...

My blades showed up that I ordered yesterday afternoon and was able to give one a try this morning on 3 days growth. I normally shave every other day but I was being lazy yesterday and just skipped the shave before heading out for the day...

First impressions of the packaging wasn't all that impressive as the vendor I purchased from on Ebay here in the US took them out of the plastic package which looked very similar in the pics to the same that Feathers are shipped in, but no big deal as the were placed in a plastic bag and taped to a folded piece of paper in just a standard envelope. The got to me in 2 days which was very fast and they were in perfect shape. In first inspection of the blade I opened I noticed that there were 4 glue dots on one side of the blade to keep it in place in the package. Maybe they were there because it is a platinum blade and it needed to stay secure in the wrapped as not to damage the cutting edge. I will say the glue dots were very little and wiped off easily with just running my finger over them lightly. Not anything like what you find on your typical Gillette, Feather, or Kai blade that takes an act of God to remove!!

Tools for todays shave were:
DC Shaving Brush w/ TurnNShave Timberwolf fan knot
Stirling Margarita's in the Arctic Soap and Aftershave
Timeless Ti95SB w/ Shark Platinum 1st use

As stated above, todays shave was on 3 days growth and it very easily came off with 2 complete passes and no clean up. I would point out that 2 passes consist of combo's in each pass being:
Pass 1 is WTG ear to nose and L-R on my neck / XTG N-S both areas
Pass 2 is ATG nose to ear and R-L on my neck / XTG S-N both areas

I do skin stretch and lather between passes. I have been using this technique for about a year now and its what has worked for me the best to date with little to no clean up... The 1st pass took quite a bit of growth and was very noticeable when I started the 2nd pass that seemed very smooth with absolutely no drag or skipping of any kind that would be reminiscent of being a very sharp blade. Feedback from my alum block and aftershave would verify my findings as being very smooth and efficient as I mentioned already.

I would sum this shave up as being a very typical shave that I've been getting for the last 16 months since getting my Ti95SB and using Shark blades almost exclusively. I would say the 1st use of the Platinum was a step up from the SS and on par with the SC blades that I've used for the past couple years. I am very impressed yet don't want to get ahead of myself here and get through a couple blades and see where they stand as being something that will be ordered in bulk or just tucks...

I've had a few more shaves with the original Platinum blade I was using and a couple on another one and although I have had some great shaves so far my assumption of the Platinum being on par with the Super Chrome was wrong... I now feel it is more in line with the Super Stainless blade which had been replaced for daily shaves with the Super Chrome. The Super Chrome just works for my face with my Ti95DC and I haven't found anything that could dethrone it to date!!

The Shark Platinum is now available at Razor Blades Club (direct and auction site). Updated reviews/assessments available? Compare to Lord Platinum, Parker Platinum?
I just ordered from RBC @ $9.99 U.S.D.
And that's including the shipping. And
Since I really love Platinum Blades with
The exception of Astra Sp which I find to
Be highly overrated and Marginally acceptable and Treet Platinum in the
Orange Package which gave me exceptionally close shaves but with unexplained irritation and lots of it. So
We'll see about these Shark Platinums and
If they can hang with the Platinum Heavyweights in my rotation.

20191208_090609.jpg

Top Bottom