What's new

Shark Differences

Was ordering some Perma-Sharps from bestshave and decided to throw in a couple packs of Sharks since they were so cheap. They only had the stainless ones. Any opinions out there on how those compare to the Shark chrome blades?

I've wondered the same thing, I've got a few of both. my notes say I really liked the Chrome. the stainless were good, too.
If bestshave dude carried the chrome i'd order a bunch right now. still may order some stainlesses.

Hmm. Seems to be about split. That's good. I somehow thought everyone preferred the Chrome, which I would have ordered had they had them.

I think the SS blades are more forgiving. I have used lots of both. The SS is my primary blade. I, too, just picked up 300 off eBay for about $27 shipped. It took longer than predicted, but the guy was great to deal with.

I have only used the chromes. Tried them immediately after a feather. Chromes were not quite as sharp (close though) but more forgiving. I am still working through my samplers, but I think the chromes are going to be my go 2 blade for the EJ89. Had my second shave with a perma-sharp super last night. Jurry is still out.

I love the Super Chrome. The Super Stainless is hit or miss for me, and life is too short to put up with iffy blades.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I really enjoy 'Shaving with the Sharks'!!!
proxy.php

Although I have used Shark SS blades (and after trying many different blades over many, many years), Shark Super Chrome's are perfect for me with no pulling or tugging, very, very smooth, [smoother than the SS blades...albeit a 'weeper' now & then..but zero 'nicks'], very little to no irratation and no touch of razor burn that %99.9 of nthe time results in CCS's in 2 passes (WTG & ATG), with 6 great shaves per week (Saturdays are my shaving 'day off'),...and are very compatible with both of my Merkur 23C & 38C razors. :lol1:

Enclosed below are Shark razor blade Reveiws.

http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=94447&cpage=3&title=sharkoh-the-shark-has-2c-some-fine-shaves-dear-2c-sharkoh-the-shark-has-2c-some-fine-shaves-dear-2c&cat=50

:straight: "A razor [blade] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet." Author Unknown

I get a great shave out of either chrome or ss. In fact, my absolute go to blade is a Shark SC. They have worked admirably well in every razor I've tried them out in.

They are both really good IMHO, though I slightly prefer the SS. Very little difference between the two if any. One of them could just be new packing.

Only tried the SC and I like them. Sharper than the Dorco ST301's I usually use although the first shave is a little uncomfortable.

So close as to be meaningless for me.

I'd been comped a pack of SS and really liked them. Then I found a good price on a carton of SC and took the chance. SCORE!

A bit later I found a great deal on 3 cartons of SS. I am set up happily for some little while ...

Tried the SC a few times but I have yet to get on with them, just tried the SS and for me I can't believe the difference - I think the SS has just become my go to blade over 7 o'clock yellows.

Top Bottom