What's new

shark blades

I bought these because they are literally the cheapest blade on Amazon Prime.

I'm happy enough with the purchase. I've tried two and they've both been decent, middle of the road in terms of sharpness, and fairly smooth for such a cheap blade. I don't have a really tough beard, though, and Derby Extras were always OK with me too at least for a few shaves.

As has been mentioned, I think this would be a decent beginner blade, similar to Derby, just because it isn't wicked sharp like Feather, Rapira, etc.

Last edited:
Just goes to show how YMMV goes in wet shaving as I started with Shark SS blades which I favored over Astra SP's when I first started shaving in 2016 and it was the blade I compared all others to and in 2018 I switched to Shark SC's and basically am using them exclusively to this day. I have tried everything from Feather, Kai, Perma Sharp, GSB, Yellows, Blacks, Platinum's, Polsilver's, Voskhod's, and quite a few more and still favor the Shark SC's my a mile over everything else... I will add the worst shaves I've ever had were with Feather, Kai, and GSB's... I recently tried a Feather in my Ti95DC and though it wasn't as bad as it once was it still wasn't anywhere near the shave I get with the Shark SC!!

Do you get random cuts with Feathers? I usually did. I ended up corking most of mine until I went through the pack, then they were actually decent and had decent longevity.

My first blades I ever used were Sharks. I don't remember liking them, but that could have had absolutely nothing to do with the blades and everything to do with my total lack of technique. I've not gone back to them again but may do that just for a comparison.

I put a shark sc in my gillette new long comb this weekend. I don’t use this razor often and haven’t used these blades yet. I wanted to shorten my sideburns after getting a dramatic haircut and figured the open comb was a good option and I used the sharks because I figured I would only use it once on my sideburns and I didn’t want to waste one of my more used blades. I ended up like it so much I used the razor/blade for 3 full shaves (I usually only use my blades for 2 shaves). Excellent! It was smooth and perfect bbs without any irritation.

Do you get random cuts with Feathers? I usually did. I ended up corking most of mine until I went through the pack, then they were actually decent and had decent longevity.
I don't think I ever had any actual cuts, but I've had plenty of weepers and usually multiple each shave. Didn't matter if it was the 1st or 4th use, shave was usually the same.

I put a shark sc in my gillette new long comb this weekend. I don’t use this razor often and haven’t used these blades yet. I wanted to shorten my sideburns after getting a dramatic haircut and figured the open comb was a good option and I used the sharks because I figured I would only use it once on my sideburns and I didn’t want to waste one of my more used blades. I ended up like it so much I used the razor/blade for 3 full shaves (I usually only use my blades for 2 shaves). Excellent! It was smooth and perfect bbs without any irritation.

Good man!! This is why any ’new’ (to me) razor means that I need to revisit my blade options. Sometimes there are real surprises.

Top Bottom