What's new

Shark Blades

I'm not a fan of either the Shark Stainless or Chrome, but am willing to try the new Shark Platinum when it's more widely distributed. If the Derby Premium and Dorco Prime blades are vast improvement over their usual offerings, maybe Shark's new premium blade will be as well.

LORD International Co

Why? Because he said that the only double edge blade you can buy at Walmart sucks? I’ve used many blades over the last 30 years that equated using the buoy Bowie knife from Rambo.
Corrected that for you...

Whether Shark blades are available at Walmart has no relevance to the comment I made, your analogy sounds almost as wild as his!! When was the last time you shaved with your Rambo Bowie knife?
Meaning what? I would submit that it is people who troll others comments with personal, back handed, insults that are displaying the type of person they are. This forum has some of the nicest friendliest folks ever seen on the net. But I guess there is always one. I stand by my opinion of Shark blades as well as VDH. For ME they are horrible blades. It is quite clear that some love them. That is great, as it proves once again YMMV.
No trolling here and if it was insulting to you then you should've use a better analogy because I highly doubt you've ever rubbed broken shards of glass against your face so you can't possibly know what that feels like!! Am I wrong in this assumption? If you don't like a blade just say so. As you said in the post above, for YOU they are horrible... That's good enough... No need to insinuate you rub glass shards on your face!!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Relax folks. We are just talking about razor blades. Razor blades......

One person says Sharks suck. Good for them. Another person says Sharks are amazing. Good for them.

No one has to agree here but you do have to play nice. If you can’t play nice you will go to time out and count to 60.

Shaved with a Shark SS (3) today. Switched to a milder razor, the Fendrihan comfort grip. Much better shave today. Comfortable although not a close as usual, no nicks or weepers, no sting with the alum, all of which happened with blade in the RR SLOC for the first 2 uses. Normally the SLOC is less irritating for me with a Derby, Astra or even a Rapira. I wont be buying any Shark razors.

(The New Blades from Lord Company)

Shark Platinum

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Just arrived today and that was just after my daily shave, i'll try it tomorrow and put here the first impressions

M

Member 113878

I think I got the same head with a different handle, also quite heavy, and it's a nice DE89 clone indeed.

M

Member 113878

Actually, the Fendrihan is a bit more agressive than the DE89.

An update: I still find the Super Chromes an interesting animal. The second and third shaves are consistently better than the first. As I noted before they are indeed sharp as it’s obvious they are removing the whiskers but the shaves aren’t too smooth. I guess I’d describe the feeling as tugging. But...this morning I got one of my best shaves ever with a second-time used super chrome in my Baili BR179 (I’ve seen BD179 too still don’t know which is correct). It was a smooth shave and pretty dam close to BBS. There was no tugging. Basically I wasn’t expecting such an enjoyable shave. Soap was Proraso green btw. I still prefer Derby Extra and Astra SPs but I at least feel I’ve got a good pairing of razor and blade for the Sharks. I’ve got about 90 left so no need to waste them. Don’t think I’ll buy them again but sure is interesting how my opinion of them changed once I got them in the Baili. Still struggling with them in my Merkur 25c.

Shave on.

Top Bottom