What's new

Shark Blades???

I haven’t tried the Chrome, but Shark Super Stainless are my go to blades for my 34c. It doesn’t hurt that they are ridiculously cheap, but they work very well with that razor and my face.

IMHO - Shark SS blades are sharp enough to get the job done, and smooth enough for a comfortable shave

IMHO - you can't go far wrong with any of the blades from the Lord factory in Egypt

Shark SS are good all round blades
Silver Star are among my favourites

I am going to shave with one tonight (fourth use). I have used it in my 40s style Super Speed, green handle no-name, and the Rockwell 6C.

I put together a Lord sampler from Try a Blade. I get three great and one good shave from a shark SS. For the SC, I think they are smoother but the edge goes quick and the third shave is a little rough. Lord super stainless and shark SS give the same good results and no aftershave sting. I really think they are the same blade in different packages. After shave sting is how I rate harshness and no sting with these. I get a closer shave and a lot of sting with Personna Reds.

I'm going to run Lord super Chrome and Shark Super chrome side by side this week. Has anyone tried the shark platinum? opinions?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
When I was using a DE to shave, I used Shark blades for a while and though they were just fine. Ended up settling on Personna Blue. No idea why.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Just as every razor has a favorite blade, so does every blade have a favorite razor. For me, Sharks (SS) made for a painful ordeal in my R41; but in my ever-forgiving Oristo Black, they are pure pleasure.

I use Shark SC in my Tech with longer aftermarket handle and in my super speeds. They always give me great two pass shaves. But, they do not work as well in other razors but still comfortable.

I put together a Lord sampler from Try a Blade. I get three great and one good shave from a shark SS. For the SC, I think they are smoother but the edge goes quick and the third shave is a little rough. Lord super stainless and shark SS give the same good results and no aftershave sting. I really think they are the same blade in different packages. After shave sting is how I rate harshness and no sting with these. I get a closer shave and a lot of sting with Personna Reds.

I'm going to run Lord super Chrome and Shark Super chrome side by side this week. Has anyone tried the shark platinum? opinions?
I've gotten smooth shaves from the Shark Super Platinums. Comparing to the Lord Platinum - they are pretty much equal in all my Gillette Old Style, New Style, Techs & Tech Clones (Baili and Ying Jili). They perform OK in my Butterfly style razors, but in them the Astra SP, BIC Chrome Platinum and Voskhods do better.
If you don't like the Shark Chromes or Platinums, just try them in a different razor.

After 35 years of daily DE shaving and trying almost every blade under the sun,the Shark SS are the only blades I now use.
Best ever in my book.
But it is MY book and MY book only (blade reviews are TOTALY useless since blades are the most YMMV thing)

Once upon a time, I regarded all the complaints about lousy shaves being solely the fault of the blade. After all, its' the blade that does all the work ...
I found that the same blade that works so great in one razor is only marginal in a different razor. Over all, though, any of my Techs and Tech clones work great with almost any of my blades that falls into place. I can't say the same of my Favorite Super Adjustable or Krona. They're both awesome shaves ... but only with a few select blades.
So, if your shave with that new blade brand you just bought is disappointing, try it in a different razor. I recently got a couple of Gillette Knacks and used a tried & true Astra and got a mediocre shave with it. The Shark Platinums worked their magic with an excellent shave. I don't have many Shark Stainless, but I've compared them with my favorite Voskhods & they work great in several razors. I have a Shark Stainless in a Black Handle Super Speed that I use about once a week & that blade just won't quit. For that razor, the Shark Stainless is the blade of choice for me.

I like both the Shark SS and Platinum blades in my Merkur 25c. The Chrome blades are ok, but I don't like them quite as much as the others.

I'll try all three types of Shark blades when I get a different razor.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Been using a Shark Chrome and a Shark Platinum all of last week. I had some new razors arrive in the mail, plus others in rotation that I used them in to do left vs right shave comparisons. It was a weeek of smooth and excellent shaves. I wanted to begin the new week with a different pair of blades, but the 2 Sharks still give excellent shaves without irratation. Hopefully they'll both die soon so I can get on with the next set of blades to evaluate.

My Parker shavette came with 100 Shark Saloon blades, and as a beginner I found them just a touch too sharp. So I just cork the blades, twice on the corners, before I put in a new one and it's fine. Still gives me at least three very close shaves with a couple passes, but is more forgiving to a newbie.

When I'm nearly done with the Sharks, I plan on switching to an SR, so I'm probably not going to bother trying other SE blades.

I got a new razor today, a Merkur 38c. The Shark SS gave a nice smooth shave in that razor as well as it did in my 25c.

I'll have to try the SS. SC was harsh from the get go, only got worse on the second shave. I would not recommend them to my enemies, one of the worst blades I've ever used.

I guess I have a low tolerance for shaving related pain.

I've noticed quality control issues with most of the Lord blades I've tried. One is very good the next one is a 1/2 shave throw away. They would be very good for the price except for that issue. It seems the platinum and chromes are not as consistent in quality as the straight SS.

I'm having great luck with the Russians, haven't found a bad one in the bunch.

After 35 years of daily DE shaving and trying almost every blade under the sun,the Shark SS are the only blades I now use.
Best ever in my book.
But it is MY book and MY book only (blade reviews are TOTALY useless since blades are the most YMMV thing)

It's almost like I wrote this post. Except I have been shaving daily for 30 years. ;)

Right now, Sharks are my blades and I don't even want to use anything else. One blade usually lasts for 7 shaves and I replace it every Saturday. Recently I've had one that was so good that I shaved with it for two weeks! I almost feel sorry I replaced it... should have pushed for 20+ shaves. They are very good, they are cheap and the retro packaging is amazing. I have recently ordered 300 Shark half-blades for my shavettes.

Update: I tried the Shark Platinum in my Merkur 38c, and the shave was phenomenol. I couldn't even tell it was shaving, but the end results were BBS legs. I did 3 pass.

Top Bottom