What's new

Shark attack!

So a while back when I bought a gillette slim off eBay the generous seller put some blades in the package as well including a 5 pack of shark super stainless. They have been sitting in a drawer with my other hundreds of blades. I bought a few sampler packs a l while ago and hundred packs of personna, feather, and supermax. Those three have been my favorite for a while but mostly I use the feathers. So the other day I decided to go through all the random packs I've accumulated and find all the ones I still have to try. Yesterday I tried those sharks and I Was very impressed with the 2 pass shave I had. I was happy enough to leave the blade in my "new type" and shave again today and go for a full 3 pass just fun. I don't usually like 3 pass shaves because If I make 3 passes and get BBS I might not have full enough growth in 24 hours to shave again. But today I did just to check out its performance and I had a really smooth BBS shave in three passes. I might have a new blade for my rotation.

I like my Sharks. Not as much as Astras and Gillette Silver Blues, but Sharks are very serviceable and perhaps underrated here.

Really wanted to like them, they were terrible for me. No lord blade really works for me and this is a shame as they are pretty un-expensive.

Tomorrow and the next day I will be giving derby and Astra another shot. Before when I used them it didn't work out. But hopefully If I try big can get a good shave. The only blades I'm done with for sure are those Dorco blades. They seem to be of bad quality.

Sharks are good to me, in my Fatip I like them alot. In my 34C not so much. They are in my regular use blades catigory.

There is a thread for Shark in the reviews. A lot of people (myself included) were drawn to the looks of the box. There were some testimonials of getting good shaves, smooth and close, even though it is believed the blade is not as sharp as Feather. I have a hundred of them on the way.

Shark SS are the only blades I honor with a place in my Mühle R41, each and every day.
I have 300 of them and I am entirely at ease with the idea of using no other blade brand for the next 6+ years (I use each blade for 7 days).

I would almost like to have not enough stubble in 24 hours! Lucky you Sir! The only benefit I can see, is that if I REALLY want to, or need to, I can shave twice in a day.

Shark SS are the only blades I honor with a place in my Mühle R41, each and every day.
I have 300 of them and I am entirely at ease with the idea of using no other blade brand for the next 6+ years (I use each blade for 7 days).
+1! I could have written that verbatim, but I have 600 and are all I use, change blade every Sunday!

Shark ss blades were the first 100-pack purchase I made., for $11. I have 35 left. After hundreds of shaves, I can say easily that I'm very happy with my purchase. A good blade! I also like Astras and Personnas and Gillette Silver Blues, but the Sharks take a back seat to no one.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I like my Sharks. Not as much as Astras and Gillette Silver Blues, but Sharks are very serviceable and perhaps underrated here.

Again I find myself agreeing with you!

I have 100 Shark Super Chrome blades that are fine performers, but I just don't like them as much as I do my Gillette Black, Feather, Gillette Silver Blue, Personna Lab blades, etc. They would likely be a fine blade to take on trips when driving to your destination, though I tend to carry a few Labs in my Dopp kit for that, along with a Feather and a Black, just in case. Any of those three I just listed work amazingly well in my Parker A1R travel razor.

Shark ss are one of my regulars, best for small amounts of growth, but when I get a couple of days worth of growth I load up a Gillette yellow (which are my favorite).

I think of Sharks as my minimally acceptable blades. I bought 200 from Amazon when they were a little over 5 bux per hundred shipped.

Stainless. Didn't notice improvement with Chrome to make it worth the asking price. If I spend more I prefer GSB, Nacet, Rapira, etc. at five bucks they are in the use 2x and toss category esp for travel.

I got a pack of 5 with my Parker 99R. Gonna give them a go with that razor next week. Currently my favourites are the Gillette Silver Blues.

Top Bottom