What's new

Sharing shave soap

Better yet i can tell ya i grew up in a small town, population 4000 in middle America. In the 70's the school showers all had their own soap, after you showered you had to step in what was basically a large horse feed trough full of athletes foot powder when you were leaving the shower room. View attachment 1132761
Ahhhhhh... the good old days. I miss not having to worry. Being able to ride my bike as far as I wanted to as long as I made it back home in time for dinner.

Reactions: CCR
Call me gross. It's soap. A solid hot bloom followed by a quick rinse to get rid of any cooties and then I am full force ahead.
I don't think you're gross for doing what works for you. The OP asked a question and we're just offering our own answers. I don't think there are any right or wrong answers here, just different views. We do what we're comfortable with, what works best for us, and share what we've learned along the way. That's how we learn. Be well, be safe, and get outside if you can.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mean to get all serious... it's been a rough day. Tomorrow has a chance to be better.

Last edited:
I swap soap with my son but the thought of using a soap a complete stranger has used previously.

Ooooh no I couldn’t bring myself to do that. Not would I sell or give away any of my part used soaps to a stranger either.

At least I know where I”VE been and what I’VE been up to

Reactions: bjm
Call me gross. It's soap. A solid hot bloom followed by a quick rinse to get rid of any cooties and then I am full force ahead.

I'm old, in my mid 70s. I've used old hand and shave soaps and I'm still alive. I grew up in the 50s and 60s, playing in contaminated swamps, with everyone in the house sharing and showering with the same bar of soap. Dirty bars of used soap in gas station rest rooms and restaurants were normal in the past. I've bought, sold and gifted many shave soaps here in the last 10+ years without a problem, but I understand the unusual concerns today. I don't consider a used soap a problem, but ya gotta do what what feels right for you.

Top Bottom