What's new

Share your Wares - Tea Eq. Acquisitions/ Coffee Oriented Furn. Fix. Eq. & Enablements

Share your Tea & Coffee Wares - Tea Equipment Acquisitions / Coffee Oriented Furnishings Fixtures Equipment & Enablements

Any recent hardware acquisitions to share with fellow Cafe' revelers? Anything big or small, old or new is welcome at this table. (A separate thread to showcase or review an item is also encouraged as you see fit.)

Picked up this Piao I Tea Pot about a week ago. It is not perfect, but it has performed well enough. The glass pitcher and ability to steep a 2nd or 3rd batch into same pot is nice. But I have had some problems with it leaking, the ball bearing sits on hard plastic so it does not seal completely while brewing.
$PiaoI-box.jpg

Close up look at the ball bearing stopper:
$PiaoI-ball-bearing.jpg

Slight drip during brewing if the ball bearing doesn't seat completely:
$PiaoI-brew-drip.jpg

Once finished, the lid will catch any further drippings if any occur. Can also sit the chamber on the table top to brew if one is careful (brave):
$PiaoI-finished.jpg

I picked up my new Technivorm KBTS this morning. I brewed a pot using some of my favorite Ethiopia Yirgacheffe from a local roaster and it brewed up a great cup of coffee. I followed the instructions using 3 scoops of ground coffee from the included scoop for 6 cups of water and I think(at least for my taste) it could use an extra 1/2 to 1 scoop. I set it on the middle drip section that is meant for smaller pots(2-5 cups) which is a slower drip rate. I have read about closing the drip for the first minute or 2 of brewing to allow for the grounds to pre-soak and I think I will try that as well.

Attachments

• $photo (10).JPG
    $photo (10).JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Picked up this Piao I Tea Pot about a week ago. It is not perfect, but it has performed well enough. The glass pitcher and ability to steep a 2nd or 3rd batch into same pot is nice. But I have had some problems with it leaking, the ball bearing sits on hard plastic so it does not seal completely while brewing.
View attachment 306760

Close up look at the ball bearing stopper:
View attachment 306761

Slight drip during brewing if the ball bearing doesn't seat completely:
View attachment 306766

Once finished, the lid will catch any further drippings if any occur. Can also sit the chamber on the table top to brew if one is careful (brave):
View attachment 306767

I found one of these at the local thrift a couple years ago - it is a neat design.

$Piao 1 Teapot 600.jpg

Found this at a flea market yesterday for $15. I've been looking for one every since somebody here started a thread about perculators, naturally. It works great and looks cool, IMO.

Attachments

• $mugs 003.jpg
    $mugs 003.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 42

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Want to get a good gaiwan this winter for puerh tea.

Great selection at Yunnan Sourcing.

They have two websites, their main one shipping from China, and a second website shipping from a CONUS location (less selection, but faster shipping.) My preference is to order from the main "China" website and get the "cheap and slow" surface shipping ... forget my order for a few months ... and then be pleasantly surprised when a big box of tea &c shows up from China.

When we went to the Florida Keys a couple of years ago, I fell in love with Cuban coffee, which is essentially espresso roast coffe brewed in a Moka pot with LOTS of sugar whipped up to form the "crema". My wife can't stand the smell of coffee, but I knew I wanted to start my day with that treasured brew, so I bought a DeLonghi "Alicia" electric Moka pot so I could brew it away from the kitchen and her sensitive nose!

119974975_10160277087438626_6209127067463917290_o.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
When we went to the Florida Keys a couple of years ago, I fell in love with Cuban coffee, which is essentially espresso roast coffe brewed in a Moka pot with LOTS of sugar whipped up to form the "crema". My wife can't stand the smell of coffee, but I knew I wanted to start my day with that treasured brew, so I bought a DeLonghi "Alicia" electric Moka pot so I could brew it away from the kitchen and her sensitive nose!

View attachment 1194714
Okay. Stoopid question time.... Could a human like me use one of these to make a strong but "not give you heart palpitations" kinda normal cuppa joe?

Okay. Stoopid question time.... Could a human like me use one of these to make a strong but "not give you heart palpitations" kinda normal cuppa joe?

A Moka pot makes not-quite-espresso that's pretty strong, so maybe if you diluted to make an Americano? You'd probably have to experiment with the ratio to get it to your liking, but I'll bet it'd work! That's how I make my "normal" coffee with my AeroPress, make a concentrate, then dilute it to my 10 oz. cup.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A Moka pot makes not-quite-espresso that's pretty strong, so maybe if you diluted to make an Americano? You'd probably have to experiment with the ratio to get it to your liking, but I'll bet it'd work! That's how I make my "normal" coffee with my AeroPress, make a concentrate, then dilute it to my 10 oz. cup.
Thank you. This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Ordered this electric tea maker from Amazon and it arrived Saturday. It has 6 preprogrammed temperature presets for different teas but you can set a custom temperature. Stainless steel diffuser basket for loose leaf tea or bagged tea and 1.7 liter capacity. It also has a hold warm setting that is active for 2 hours. It uses induction heat and comes to temperature really quickly. We used it all weekend (with bagged black tea) and it worked really well. I think it will get a lot of use as our winters are long and cold here. It's so nice to have a hot drink on a cold day.

Decen.jpg

Bought this Breville frother a few weeks ago and I am so pleased! (A&W for size). This frother is absolutely perfect. So easy to clean and perfect froth every time. The wife loves pumpkin spice lattes right now, so I just add the sauce in while it’s heating/making froth and it’s that simple. I’m also pumping hot chocolate out of this thing every night for the kids (whole milk & Ghirdelli dark chocolate sauce).
8E6B4D8E-947C-433C-BD22-ADEB301C7F31.jpeg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
so maybe if you diluted to make an Americano? You'd probably have to experiment with the ratio to get it to your liking, but I'll bet it'd work!
Bialetti makes Moka Pots in various sizes, so you can get one that makes a smaller amount of that super-strong coffee and dilute up to a full mug with hot water. Or using a larger one make two mugs for you and SWMBO (or whomever).

Top Bottom