What's new

Share your shave den

proxy.php

Very basic setup. This isn’t all my shaving gear though. I need to purchase another shelf or two for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Well it has been a interesting 3 + years of this hobby of collecting shave gear. 2019 I seemed to have a touch of RAD :yikes:, I got bored with some health issues and just liked buying stuff and to be honest enjoyed every minute. 2020 I have calmed RAD and brushes seem to be the next thing I'm enjoying. I have some more gear but this is the bulk of it and I do use every razor but some a little more often. A.S.R, Schick injectors & Razorock razors I do enjoy and certain Gillette models are very enjoyable to use.
Ron's latest Shave Den accumilation of gear Oct 24th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well it has been a interesting 3 + years of this hobby of collecting shave gear. 2019 I seemed to have a touch of RAD :yikes:, I got bored with some health issues and just liked buying stuff and to be honest enjoyed every minute. 2020 I have calmed RAD and brushes seem to be the next thing I'm enjoying. I have some more gear but this is the bulk of it and I do use every razor but some a little more often. A.S.R, Schick injectors & Razorock razors I do enjoy and certain Gillette models are very enjoyable to use.
View attachment 1173283
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!
Brother, you MUST be an engineer. Your setup has DEFINITELY shamed me into NEVER posting my ADHD shave setup!
A thing of beauty my friend!

FarmerTan

Brother, you MUST be an engineer. Your setup has DEFINITELY shamed me into NEVER posting my ADHD shave setup!
A thing of beauty my friend!
I couldn't help but notice your Avon True Gent stuff. How do you like it, and can you compare it to anything?

Ron R

I couldn't help but notice your Avon True Gent stuff. How do you like it, and can you compare it to anything?
My wife bought me three items last Christmas and of all three items I really enjoy the most is "True gent" body wash soap(liquid) the balm is really nice Aftershave type and not to over powering but the true gent cologne is a heavy Tabaco scent that is a little to much for me even diluted with witch hazel, it has some staying strength also.
I told my wife to pick me up some more"True Gent" body wash soap( they nailed that scent IMO) lighter tobacco scent that fades to quickly but it is a treat to use IMO.(I use as a Shampoo also)

FarmerTan

My wife bought me three items last Christmas and of all three items I really enjoy the most is "True gent" body wash soap(liquid) the balm is really nice Aftershave type and not to over powering but the true gent cologne is a heavy Tabaco scent that is a little to much for me even diluted with witch hazel, it has some staying strength also.
I told my wife to pick me up some more"True Gent" body wash soap( they nailed that scent IMO) lighter tobacco scent that fades to quickly but it is a treat to use IMO.(I use as a Shampoo also)
Thank you for the detailed response! I have thought about getting this for a long time. I was afraid the vanilla part of the cologne would be too much. Has that been your experience, or just the tobacco?

I REALLY wanted the shower product to be good!

Ron R

Thank you for the detailed response! I have thought about getting this for a long time. I was afraid the vanilla part of the cologne would be too much. Has that been your experience, or just the tobacco?

I REALLY wanted the shower product to be good!
I think the Avon sales person might have sampler, that's how I got to know the scent. It seems to hold up also.

I have been allotted a small corner of our shared bathroom where I keep my main homebrew aftershaves (in vintage bottles) and my small brush ‘collection’. Also holds wifey’s nice blue Starburst(!). Software is kept in a drawer under the sink, I only have 3-4 soaps at a time and maybe 5-7 aftershaves.

Razor of the day dries out in a small padded open box. All other razors are stored in an old set of drawers in my bedroom, which used to sit in an optometrist’s shop. I have refurbished the drawers one at a time as my need for space has grown :blush: Also, I keep a few razors in some old refurbished dovetail wooden boxes.

View attachment 1144421
View attachment 1144415View attachment 1144416View attachment 1144425View attachment 1144426View attachment 1144427

I love your vintage drawers!

Thanks, I appreciate it. It's a really tight spot, but I really like it, and it works good for me, I need nothing more, nothing less. I often thought about getting one of those racks and then painting it black to match, the one that I have the soaps on, but then I know I would end up with 10 soaps, and 5 more aftershaves. I'm a very simple, use what I have, and don't have too much, I have just enough variety to keep things interesting, and to keep me going to finish off what I have.

Top Bottom