What's new

Share your shave den

It starts out neat and tidy until you realize you have empty space and start filling it.
Yeah I'm still working out the layout. I had my stuff in different places in the apartment no now I'm working on how to make it better and laid out. But yes it's kinda here and there.
I was sad to hear how many of my soaps and creams are discontinued.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Finally organized it a bit, so the wife wasn't apt to stab me while I slept. It was getting a bit unruly on the table top, stuff stacked everywhere. This is much better. God bless Home Goods! :D

Den.jpg

I'm loving all these collections, from the simplest "den" to the setups that give me "envy". You know you've got a problem when you get excited about a bunch of shaving supplies.

I get the multiple soaps, razors, soaps, aftershaves, pre-shave oils and bowls...but I don't understand the multiple brushes. I own two (a Plissoft Monster and an Omega boar for the shower) and I have little interest to buy more. Is there something wrong with me?

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I'm loving all these collections, from the simplest "den" to the setups that give me "envy". You know you've got a problem when you get excited about a bunch of shaving supplies.

I get the multiple soaps, razors, soaps, aftershaves, pre-shave oils and bowls...but I don't understand the multiple brushes. I own two (a Plissoft Monster and an Omega boar for the shower) and I have little interest to buy more. Is there something wrong with me?
I don't think there is anything wrong with you, or them. How can you have a favorite if you haven't tried them all?

I have used 3 brushes in my life, all completely different, therefore, my opinion on the subject means very little in the overall brush world.

I don't think there is anything wrong with you, or them. How can you have a favorite if you haven't tried them all?

I have used 3 brushes in my life, all completely different, therefore, my opinion on the subject means very little in the overall brush world.
Something wrong with anyone that doesn't want a Rubberset 400. 😁

I don't know if I want one of those....I am not real sure what that is. I have 2 naturals and a synthetic and will be all synthetic going forward.
These... very common to re-knot with synthetic or whatever you like. They're vintage from the 50s, aren't cheap or shiny when you find one... unless you pay a mint on ebay for one already done.
They're boar bristle, solid aluminum and polish up beautifully every time. There's a no number, number 3 and a number 4. The number indicated the loft, which you can see is slightly different. I've got another with a 24mm high mountain white badger knot that is too die for lol.
479319022d91e21049de04467522bc9a.jpg

20210821_192818.jpg

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
These... very common to re-knot with synthetic or whatever you like. They're vintage from the 50s, aren't cheap or shiny when you find one... unless you pay a mint on ebay for one already done.
They're boar bristle, solid aluminum and polish up beautifully every time. There's a no number, number 3 and a number 4. The number indicated the loft, which you can see is slightly different. I've got another with a 24mm high mountain white badger knot that is too die for lol.
View attachment 1353527
View attachment 1353529
Those are nice but not for me.

It's coming along. The bathroom is original to the '50s house so it has a vintage feel that I love.

Attachments

• 20211103_172415.jpg
    20211103_172415.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 20211103_172331.jpg
    20211103_172331.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 20211103_172135.jpg
    20211103_172135.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • 20211103_172120.jpg
    20211103_172120.jpg