What's new

Share your shave den

For me, the less the better :D

IMG_0003.jpeg

Did you make that shelf yourself?

No. Even though I am a decent wood worker I just don't have the tools. This was something my Dad had made for me about 30+ years ago. The place I rented years ago didn't have a medicine cabinet in the bathroom so I asked him to make me a shelf and to add a toothbrush holder on the side and this is what he made me. The holder has 4 holes and since it is only me in the household it holds only one toothbrush and a couple razors in it that I don't display in my bookcase in the living room. The tan handled Schick Injector(J1) was his razor and I still use it. It is funny looking at that photo how much different stuff I have in it now. The gold colored razor laying down is a re-plated Slim J3, my birth year/quarter, it is my #1 razor. The gold colored Gillette New OC has my Tech handle on it in that photo because the Bar handle is so light.

Reorganized as of 10 September 2020:

The small tins hold the Viking shave soap pucks. The large tin in is my Van der Hagen puck. The three bottles contain Witch Hazel (blue cap), Old Spice A/S (red cap), and Aqua Velva Musk (green cap). The enameled mug holds heated water during each day's shave.
Shave Den.JPG

Last edited:
I like the metal handled 400 (tribute?) brush with the black knot. Is that a RazoRock? I'm also a fan of Aqua Velva Ice Blue.

Yes, it's a RazoRock 400. Picked it up on the BST back in July. It's a bit on the soft side.
I have 2 Rubberset 400s I need to get restored.
Then it will probably go to the BST. I'll hit you up before hand if you are interested in it...

Yes, it's a RazoRock 400. Picked it up on the BST back in July. It's a bit on the soft side.
I have 2 Rubberset 400s I need to get restored.
Then it will probably go to the BST. I'll hit you up before hand if you are interested in it...

Thanks for the offer. I'm set with brushes right now though. I have the same RazoRock 400 but with the butterscotch handle. I also have an Alpha with a removable ferule and a silvertip badger knot and another Alpha with a fixed ferule and a boar knot. I'm now just enjoying the kit I've amassed and am contemplating selling stuff rather than acquire more. But I appreciate the offer.

Thanks for the offer. I'm set with brushes right now though. I have the same RazoRock 400 but with the butterscotch handle. I also have an Alpha with a removable ferule and a silvertip badger knot and another Alpha with a fixed ferule and a boar knot. I'm now just enjoying the kit I've amassed and am contemplating selling stuff rather than acquire more. But I appreciate the offer.

Did you get the standard size Alpha Tribute or the V1/2? I'm really interested in the V1 and V2 handles.
The titanium V2 is really nice looking, but it makes my wallet cry...

Did you get the standard size Alpha Tribute or the V1/2? I'm really interested in the V1 and V2 handles.
The titanium V2 is really nice looking, but it makes my wallet cry...

I actually don't know. I think they are standard but I'm not positive. Here is my little collection of Rubberset Tribute brushes. Maybe a picture can help answer the question for you. I wasn't all that sure what I was buying.

IMG_0119.jpeg

Top Bottom