What's new

Share your shave den

Man, you gentlemen have some amazing setups! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. Now I sorta wish I had something to show off.

Man, you gentlemen have some amazing setups! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. Now I sorta wish I had something to show off.
The point of the thread is to show what’s going on, no matter how simple or elaborate. Read through and you’ll see even a small corner of the sink setup with a gem of an idea. There are some talented and creative members up in here.

Curious to know if these collections existed before the forum.
Most of my razor collection did exist before I joined B&B. Since I’ve added a Frankenrazor (see thread; honour thy father) and a SR. As well as a Stop that’s not shown, and a 3k/8k beginner stone that’s in the mail.... but that’s it. Oh wait no, I got a travel razor I’m making into another Frankenrazor but if it works I’m giving it to my Brother.

20200709_182445_HDR.jpg

My simple setup

What's the soap?

It's a combination of my last three soaps. Two pucks of Williams surrounded by the last bit of Stirling South Padre. On top of that is a soap I got from a county fair. For some reason the county fair soap turned gray with use. I can see the williams peeking through, so it shouldn't be too long before the top layer is finished.

Some nice den pics here. The bulk of my stuff is in the Guest Bedroom. The only thing in the shared bathroom is a razor/brush stand, some blades, a few tubs (3 or 4) of soap/cream, alum, witch hazel and a styptic pencil. Basically the stuff I use every day or that I used for that day's shave. The rest is out on the dresser and in a storage bin underneath the bed in the guest bedroom. I've recently settled on 5 razors that have seen the most action over the past year or so as well as 9 brushes. These are out of about 34 razors and 17 brushes. At some point I may consider selling things. But for now I'm hoarding. It's a sickness. Between the aftershaves and the lamp is my cigar humidor. I don't smoke much but I do have a couple Davidoff's, a Macanudo, Romeo y Julietta and a couple miscellaneous cigars in there. Sitting on the humidor is a recently acquired Franklin Toiletry Barbershop lather mug in cobalt blue and one of those British mail replica things. The lather mug is gorgeous but I found that when I use it, it's just a bit too narrow for me and I tend to make lots of noise as the brush handle clinks along the side of the mug. I bought the mail thing to put used blades in but I have a container for those in the bathroom. The wooden box on the left is filled with blades, miscellaneous razor parts, a bunch of soap samples and some stuff for cleaning razors. And on the right in front of the lamp is my travel razor (EJ DE89) and a RazoRock Plissoft brush in the Simpson's travel tube. Behind that is a flask. I also have some more soaps and creams in the storage bin hidden away as well as the rest of my travel shaving kit.

IMG_0253.jpeg

Top Bottom