What's new

Shannons

Yep, I have a few and they are excellent. Barbershop and Lit are my two favorites, though I do want to try Forest City in the goat milk base. The ones I have are in the standard tallow base, and are extremely slick and protective. I put them in league with Stirling and Chiseled Face. they are also a terrific value. Order with confidence!

I've used and enjoyed several. Favorites of the ones I've tried are silk PJ's, woodlands and bay patchouli grapefruit. The texture of the lather is different than any other soap I've used. Super creamy and rich.

Lakeshore Drive in their goat milk base is fantastic in scent and performance.

In regular base, which is very good performance also, Silk Pajamas, Coconut Lime and Copaiba Rose are all good.

I am almost done with a tub of Haymarket Vetiver. It is a wonderful scent and performs well for me. I do notice that it takes more water and a bit more time than many other soaps, but once you build your lather it delivers a smooth and comfortable shave with excellent post shave feel.

I just shaved with Barbershop this morning. I agree it is a very thirsty soap and by the second pass I finally had enough water in it to make a beautiful lather. Great scent, very slick.

I was given a sample of the Lakeshore Dr and I really like it. Great performance. Will eventually look into them further.

I’ve used Silk Pajamas, Woodlands, and Lucky Lady. All 3 have been excellent performers, and I like the scents. As soon as I run out, I’ll definitely reorder.

Haymarket Vetiver is my favorite Shannons scent followed by Copabia Rose. As mentioned the lather from this soap is very creamy and dense compaired to most other soaps, plus the price makes it a must try IMO.

I got samples of Black Magic and Lavender Lemongrass with a Zenith brush purchase. Haven’t tried either yet but Black Magic smells great. Lavender Lemongrass is pretty straight forward smelling

Oh YEAH! Got some samples & after a few back & forth e-mails, she sent me a few more, including a couple under development + goats milk versions.
Lit smells like my ex-father-in-law's parking lot over at the Lincoln Electric facility in Cleveland. But I keep coming back to it ...
Aussie Ice is more spearmint than menthol, which is great for a cooling & refreshing summertime shave & I already make my own Menthol aftershave & balm that pairs up nice with it. It smells like the mint Mom used to grow in the garden in So Cal back when I was a kid.
Barbershop is a nice springtime scent.

I'm hoping to hear soon about one of her Goats Milk Trials ready to go into production - addictive scent.
She's a chemist and maybe has a little more finesse than some othr artisans, but all her soaps are exceptional. Definity a loss for those passing up getting a sample or 2.

Shannon’s soaps are very nice. I have a bunch of samples. It started out when I was sent an Aussie Ice sample with my zenith boar purchase. I didn’t like the smell at first. But I’m glad I used it because it was unlike anything I had used before. In the fact that it’s a super menthol soap and had my face nice and cool during the hot Texas summer. The spearmint scent grew on me and somehow reminded me of my dads face after shaving. I would rank them just below wholly kaw/grooming dept and well above any commercially available soaps. It does have a different consistency than any other soap that I’ve tried in that it’s thick and almost like glue when first whipping up the lather. Very good soap.

Top Bottom