What's new

Shannon's Soaps

I recently ordered a zenith boar brush and it very kindly came with a Shannon's soaps sample, "Lavender and lemongrass." I love both of those scents by the way. So i had never heard of shannon's soaps so I looked them up and discovered the wife of the ebay seller for Zenith brushes in the US makes this soap. The soap has mostly positive and some very positive, reviews. So i figured I would use it tonight and see what was all about.

WOW. I don't know what it is about this soap that just gave me one of the best shaves I've ever had. For me...it easily outperformed top tier artisan and classic soaps alike from B&M, to Cella, to Stirling, to Grooming Dept. to haslingers...Not sure why or what the reason is but my skin just jived with this soap exceptionally well. All other variables remained constant...same brush, same hard water, same blade, same razor, same pre and post shave routines. You name it, all was the same EXCEPT the soap. Absolutely not an ounce of irritation anywhere on my face or neck.

I loved the scent and really really loved the performance and how my skin responded to this soap, safe to say I will absolutely be buying a tub.

Think im going to try "Lady Luck" and either "silk pajamas" or a full tub of the lemongrass scent

It's good stuff, but I found it strange that their goat milk Silk Pajamas soap did not lather as well as their regular tallow soaps. :confused: I really like the Haymarket Vetiver as it's a "dirty" & earthy vetiver.

Yes it is simply amazing! I've shown this before, but here is a lather shot showing how heavily wet, dense, yogurty, silky, & creamy this is.

By the way the Silk Pajamas is the bees knees!!
2018-08-10 16.58.48.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. This is a soap that I know nothing about but I might have to do some research now.

Shannon's Soaps makes some great quality products for affordable prices and are nice people as well.

Their Haymarket Vetiver is one of my favorite scents from Shannon's, it is a citrusy earthy vetiver that pairs well with Royall Rugby. Have both the soap & A/S and would highly recommend them. The aftershave is witch hazel based with some good skin food ingredients.

Damn good looking lather.. how long did it take to whip that up? Is it a thirsty soap?
No more than a couple minutes. I start with scooping a small amount of soap out & smooshing it down into the ridges of my Captains Choice bowl. Then I usually start with a damp but mostly dry synthetic & keep adding water as I build. Doesn't seem to be as thirsty as other soaps.

No more than a couple minutes. I start with scooping a small amount of soap out & smooshing it down into the ridges of my Captains Choice bowl. Then I usually start with a damp but mostly dry synthetic & keep adding water as I build. Doesn't seem to be as thirsty as other soaps.

Nice! Might have to give it a go.

Have been using her Woodlands soap. The results are so good, that I just ordered the Silk Pajamas version. This artisan is underrated!

Top Bottom