What's new

Shannon's Soap's - Lakeshore Drive Review

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Shannon’s Soap’s – Lakeshore Drive

This is Shannon’s luxury soap labeled “Rust Belt Reserve” along with their other luxury soap scent which is Forest City Fern. Lakeshore is priced at $20.00.

The Label is a different from their regular soap offerings, a black label with white art deco letters. The tub is plastic with a screw off lid. The soap weighs in at 4 oz's.

The ingredients; “Tallow, kokum butter, avocado oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, stearic acid, coconut, glycerin, lanolin, coconut oil, goat milk, mallow extract, buckthorn extract, meadowfoam seed oil, Vitamin E, essential oils, fragrance oils, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide (made by hot process).

The scent according to their website is; Ozonic notes meet bergamot, orange, and neroli, and are rounded out with notes of labdanum, bay, and coumarin. It's fresh and dirty all at once - a blend that all but guarantees a pleasant shaving experience”. To me it had similar notes to RazoRock XXX, but way more complex. To my nose it is above average on strength. A very nice scent I believe would not turn anyone off.

The lather is easily swirled up and reminded me somewhat of Declaration Grooming but not quite as shiny or yogurty, still very similar. The soap is not hard like a triple milled soap but not soft like a croap either…somewhere in-between. It isn’t as thirsty as DC but still required a fair amount of liquid. My method in creating lather is straight from the tub and creating a proto-lather to start. This works for me and I’m sure other methods will work just fine. Dialing this in to get a lather that is better my take a few more tries.

Cushioning and slickness were both present. Buffing made easy with a good not great residual slickness.

Post shave to me was very nice and hours after the shave my skin is nice and soft.

Overall I would give their “Rust Belt Reserve” version a solid B+. I can’t speak for their other soaps because I have not tried them.

Give them a try.

lakeshore_2_orig.jpg

I haven't tried their premium line, but their regular $12 line is most definitely an AMAZING soap! I've mentioned this here in other threads. Here is a lather shot of how silky, yogurty, heavily wet & super shiny this lather is. It's on par with other top tier soaps in my book!
2018-08-10 16.58.48.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I haven't tried their premium line, but their regular $12 line is most definitely an AMAZING soap! I've mentioned this here in other threads. Here is a lather shot of how silky, yogurty, heavily wet & super shiny this lather is. It's on par with other top tier soaps in my book!
View attachment 914031
I read your review and saw the pictures. That's why I bought a tub (enabler!!). I think it's a winner and the scent is very much to my kind of thing. I'm going to order one of their regular line's for contrast.

I really like LSD (I mean Lakeshore Drive)! It is very pleasant smelling soap and very good performer as the lather shot above indicates.

I am looking forward to trying the premium base. I have been really happy with the two Shannons soaps that I have (Barbershop and Lit) and their aftershave splash is quite nice too!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Gave the Black Magic soap (their regular base) a try and wow, it's pretty good. Masculine scent with a slick yogart type lather. Three use Israeli red blade gave an easy BBS shave. It's a keeper and I'm sold on Shannon's.

Top Bottom