What's new

Shannon's Soap

I think I can answer this.

I own exactly one Shannon's Soap and it really is one of the best soaps I've ever lathered and the scent is absolutely panty-dropping. But it goes too fast. I mean it almost disappears before your eyes. I have only used mine four times and I can see the bottom of the tub starting to show in the center. That usually takes months of shaving with one soap for that to happen. Sadly, for this reason, I don't find it to be a very good deal for the price. It's more of a luxury soap that one pays a premium for. I'm certainly glad I got to use it and I cherish the last half or third of my tub. I can't afford to keep buying it. She should go higher end with her image. I think she may not realize the potential in her formula.
I’ve used my tub of NIL literally 5-6 times per week since I first posted this thread (around 40 uses) and I still can’t see the bottom of the tub. I’m not sure what you’re doing but that sounds off if you’ve only used it 4 times.

My experience with Shannon's soap is that I consume the soap at about the same rate as pretty much any other "artisan" soap: Ariana & Evans, Stirling, Cold River Soap Works, Barrister & Mann, Wet Shaving Products, to name a few. Of course, hard soaps, particularly the triple milled soaps last much longer.

I’ve used both my Aussie Ice and Nil samples a few times each and have to say I’m quite impressed by each of them.

the Aussie Ice scent is definitely Spearmint forward, I really enjoy it.
the Nil is unscented, so there you go.

for Performance, these soaps (basic base) definitely swing above their price category. Very good in the way of slickness and post-shave. Maybe not quite to the level of whatever we’re calling “top-tier” these days, but I would say close, and for a few dollars less.

Certainly wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this soap to anyone.

I actually recieved and used Shannon's coconut lime premium formula soap today and I am very impressed! The performance is a step up, especially in post shave feel, it can keep up with the best soaps in my rotation (PAA Ck6, and Ariana and Evans). It's scent is heavenly, a wonderful mix of coconut and lime and both very natural and pleasant smelling.
0422212137a~2.jpg

Top Bottom