What's new

Shannon's Soap

I've got a few samples of Shannon's making their way to me: Aussie ice, Black Magic, and Nil. Definitely looking forward to trying them out.

My contribution for today.

proxy.php

It seems to be pretty well-received from the comments I've read. I'm not sure how close it is to a true vetiver scent, but CRSW has a soap called Vetiver Fresco 2.0 that I also enjoy. It's a really mild scent, probably on the sweeter side of vetiver.
Vetiver Fresco is white-shirt clean whereas HMV is deaper and more interesting to me. I'm a CRSW fan but that's my take.

Shannon's Soaps are excellent! They are made by nice people (Shannon and her husband Brian), their original formula can still be had for $12/ 4oz which is a terrific value, and performance is top notch with ingredients to match. The lather has a dense texture that is very protective.

Some of the scents are not always I'm my wheelhouse, but I love Haymarket Vetiver and Copabia Rose. Both are highly underrated among the Shannon's line up and are my favorite scents of theirs. 2 Thumbs Down is a unique Fougere Lavender Herbal scent. Love some Shannon's Soaps and am happy to see others enjoying them as well since they deserve a bit more attention IMO.

I think I can answer this.

I own exactly one Shannon's Soap and it really is one of the best soaps I've ever lathered and the scent is absolutely panty-dropping. But it goes too fast. I mean it almost disappears before your eyes. I have only used mine four times and I can see the bottom of the tub starting to show in the center. That usually takes months of shaving with one soap for that to happen. Sadly, for this reason, I don't find it to be a very good deal for the price. It's more of a luxury soap that one pays a premium for. I'm certainly glad I got to use it and I cherish the last half or third of my tub. I can't afford to keep buying it. She should go higher end with her image. I think she may not realize the potential in her formula.

I own exactly one Shannon's Soap and it really is one of the best soaps I've ever lathered and the scent is absolutely panty-dropping. But it goes too fast. I mean it almost disappears before your eyes. I have only used mine four times and I can see the bottom of the tub starting to show in the center. That usually takes months of shaving with one soap for that to happen. Sadly, for this reason, I don't find it to be a very good deal for the price. It's more of a luxury soap that one pays a premium for. I'm certainly glad I got to use it and I cherish the last half or third of my tub. I can't afford to keep buying it. She should go higher end with her image. I think she may not realize the potential in her formula.
I'm blown away you can use soap that quickly. I've used mine 4 times in the past week and I can't tell a difference.

You went through a full size tub that quickly? Are you loading for 30 minutes or something? I've had some tubs of Shannon's soaps for several months and they don't go any faster than other soaps.

I've recently gone from tub loading to scooping but still applies and I didnt think it went any faster than others.

- Fayiz D.

You went through a full size tub that quickly? Are you loading for 30 minutes or something? I've had some tubs of Shannon's soaps for several months and they don't go any faster than other soaps.

I've recently gone from tub loading to scooping but still applies and I didnt think it went any faster than others.

- Fayiz D.
I've got well over a hundred soaps. None of them vanish the way Shannon's does. Most of my soaps are sold or given away as I could never use them up even if I tried.

I'm blown away you can use soap that quickly. I've used mine 4 times in the past week and I can't tell a difference.
If you read my reply, you will see that I don't use soap that quickly. NONE of my other soaps disappear the way Shannon's does. If I compare a hundred soaps, and only one of them behaves this way, I don't assume it's me, I assume it's the soap.

If you read my reply, you will see that I don't use soap that quickly. NONE of my other soaps disappear the way Shannon's does. If I compare a hundred soaps, and only one of them behaves this way, I don't assume it's me, I assume it's the soap.
Interesting for sure, maybe a soft batch or some other oddity. None of my soaps dissappear that way at all.

I sure would have a lot less issues with my soaps ad if they did.

Interesting for sure, maybe a soft batch or some other oddity. None of my soaps dissappear that way at all.
You know, I actually wondered if it was a weird batch because it is very soft. It's very croapy. And like I said, I VERY much enjoy the soap and try not to use it except when I see a certain lady friend who just goes bonkers over the scent. It's a nice soap. If I were into paying high end prices for high end soap, and Shannon's was marketed slightly differently, I would absolutely pay the money for it. I don't know that I'll be reordering but that's mostly because I've settled into just a small handful of soaps at this point and I have too many to shed to add new ones to my "buy forever" list. Kna' I mean?

You know, I actually wondered if it was a weird batch because it is very soft. It's very croapy. And like I said, I VERY much enjoy the soap and try not to use it except when I see a certain lady friend who just goes bonkers over the scent. It's a nice soap. If I were into paying high end prices for high end soap, and Shannon's was marketed slightly differently, I would absolutely pay the money for it. I don't know that I'll be reordering but that's mostly because I've settled into just a small handful of soaps at this point and I have too many to shed to add new ones to my "buy forever" list. Kna' I mean?
Which scent do you have?

Silk Pajamas (very similar to MamaBear's Cowboy scent which also got a lot of positive attention)
Ah I saw that up on the site recently but it didn't actually have a scent description so I avoided it! I looked up mama bear cowboy and it sounds great.

Ah I saw that up on the site recently but it didn't actually have a scent description so I avoided it! I looked up mama bear cowboy and it sounds great.
It is an intoxicating scent, especially to wamenz. But the EO used in both of those soaps (as well as Mamabear's Moose Country) burns my face. No other EO has done that to me. Nothing to do with Shannon's soap. It's the EO for sure. All three of those use that scent. All three burn my skin. Full disclosure: I don't shave with it. Instead, I use it as a post shower cologne. That way, I use less, It's more fresh when I leave the house, and it doesn't burn my skin because I don't scrape it into the microabrasions on my face while shaving :)

Top Bottom