What's new

Shane of Blackland Honesty in Business

I asked @Blackland Razors Shane at Blackland if I could get a Machined version of the Ti Blackbird?

Their response:

Hi Doug,

Thanks for reaching out! We no longer offer the Blackbird Titanium in a machined finish. Satin is the only option for now.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, Doug.

Thanks!
Shane

I asked:

Isn’t doing a Satin Finish an extra step after machining? (Already knowing the answer)

This was their response:

Hey Doug,

That's correct. But once we choose a direction for the brand, we stick with it. The reality is that we could technically do a machined finish, but I'm a serious stickler for fairness and consistency in our business. Anything that we don't offer to everyone, we don't offer to anyone. That includes my own close friends, employees, myself, etc. If we decide to offer the machined finish again in the future, we'll certainly announce that via email newsletter and make it available to all.

Thanks for your understanding, Doug!

My response was:

I completely understand,

Thank you for the honest response I really respect that.

When you announce machined available I will be first in line.

Thanks

Doug

I found this very refreshing as a response from a vendor, Shane definitely has my business.

👏👏👏👏👏👏

I have always found Shane's comments on this forum very straightforward and never self-serving. The Blackland website is also very clear, in detail, about their product direction.

And my Era is a great, foolproof razor. They still have some on closeout. The lower levels make perfect gifts as starter razors.

On a different note, but still about their great integrity, when I ordered my Ti-Bird, USPS said it had arrived when it had not. I was all bent out of shape wondering what to do, filed a claim with USPS, etc. Blackland took things over and said not to worry, they would ship out a replacement razor for free. That same day (over two weeks from the 'delivery'), the original order showed up. I let them know.

Even though it ultimately did not matter, I appreciated that Blackland did not treat me as if it was my problem alone. Fwiw, they complimented my honesty too. That made me feel good. But, even though I was telling the truth, how did they know? I was just some cranky guy in Virginia. Their commitment to making the customer happy made all the difference and speaks volumes about them.

Another example of great business practice from them was I reached out about returning my BB lite in SS toward end of trial period and had ordered a Ti Bird instead. They came back saying "Thanks for reaching out. Seeing as you just purchased another razor from us today why don't we do this. Get the new razor in hand, then figure out which you prefer. I am perfectly fine offering the return if we are a bit past the 30 day return window. It is more important to me that you have the product that you like the most with you. Please let me know your thoughts on this!"

Just proves I made the right decision bringing my business to them
Amazing customer service!

I’ve spent the last couple of days considering a Blackland razor. I’ve been reading the forums and reviews. (It’s a big purchase—I think it warrants research!) Two things have influenced me even more than all the great reviews and endorsements: 1. This thread. 2. Shane‘s very genuine YouTube videos talking about the razors, the process, and the business.

I’ve spent the last couple of days considering a Blackland razor. I’ve been reading the forums and reviews. (It’s a big purchase—I think it warrants research!) Two things have influenced me even more than all the great reviews and endorsements: 1. This thread. 2. Shane‘s very genuine YouTube videos talking about the razors, the process, and the business.

Thanks for watching our videos! Really happy to hear that those are helping make your decision easier.

I support Shane and Blackland primarily for the reason he is stoked on Personna Lab Blues. I still think they are the best razor blade bar none!!!! Well for that reason, and that Shane makes dynamite razors!!! Check out the new satin Brassbirds and the satin brass LITE plate!!!

Top Bottom