What's new

Shampoo Bars?

Had my first use of the WSP bar I picked up. Too early to say for sure on a long term brand, but the first use worked well for me.

I credit my B&B secret Santa from a couple years back for getting me into the shampoo bars. He got me bay rum scented bar on a rope (like the old soap on a rope). I want to say it was from Taconic. It lasted forever and the rope was a cool feature. Since then I have used a few artisan bars but I credit WSP’s tea tree shampoo bar (it was a early beta test version, I don’t believe it is still sold in tea tree) and the accompanying WSP hair balm with ending my two year battle with severe seboreic dermatitis (killer dandruff). I still use WSP but I’ve also made several bars of my own that I rotate into use. I wash my hair twice daily and use C.O. Bigelow conditioner after the evening wash and I’ve been happy with the results.

I have also used Stirling and Chiseled face Groomatorium bar soap as shampoo, good stuff.

I also have used WSP shampoo bars. They really protect against itchy scalp/dandruff and my hair feels clean and soft. I have switched to a local soap maker I found at a farmers market. Soaps by Mom, her products are amazing for me. No itchy dry scalp and my hair feels healthier than it has in years, even during a Wisconsin winter. A web search should find her for you. The tea tree lavender scent has become my favorite.

any thoughts on Lush mighty shampoo bar?
I used the Lush shampoo bars for probably.. the last 2 years or so. They perform great, in my opinion. The only reason I have started to look elsewhere is I wanted to stretch out for other scents, and I like the small artisan style products in general.

I used the Lush shampoo bars for probably.. the last 2 years or so. They perform great, in my opinion. The only reason I have started to look elsewhere is I wanted to stretch out for other scents, and I like the small artisan style products in general.

good to know it's good. I just saw a video about it on Facebook

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've never used Stirling's shampoo bar, but I've been using Stirling soap bars as shampoo (and body soap) for a couple of years or so, and they've been fantastic. I just start at the top and work all the way down with the same bar.

I've never used Stirling's shampoo bar, but I've been using Stirling soap bars as shampoo (and body soap) for a couple of years or so, and they've been fantastic. I just start at the top and work all the way down with the same bar.

Work all the way down eh.... skip some areas with the soap and use the hands heh

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
4 days into a Stirling shampoo bar. I tossed my other bottled shampoos. This stuff is fantastic.

I started soap making a few months ago, and have made a few different shampoo bars. What I like is that they clean but do not strip my hair, so it feels like it was washed and conditioned, even though I don't use a conditioner. Plus the smell of the essential oils is also fun.

M

Member 113878

Got a bar of Stirling Rosemary-Mint shampoo and tried it for the first time this morning.
I was impressed by the abundant and very rich lather.
I'm wondering if this stuff could be used for shaving too.
I think so, the lather was very rich.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Got a bar of Stirling Rosemary-Mint shampoo and tried it for the first time this morning.
I was impressed by the abundant and very rich lather.
I'm wondering if this stuff could be used for shaving too.
I think so, the lather was very rich.
Haven’t tried shaving with ... but there may be some ingredients in the shampoo that I wouldn’t want on my skin. You might want to reach out to Rod/Mandy from Stirling and ask them for their opinion on that.

M

Member 113878

Good idea, I just sent them an email!
Will come back with the answer later...

M

Member 113878

No answer so far...
That said, the lather will touch your scalp, so why wouldn’t you want it on your skin, if I may ask?

Regards,
François

Yeah, a good shampoo should clean hair and scalp. If it's good enough for your scalp, it should be safe on the rest of your skin. Whether or not it's a good choice for shaving is another matter entirely.

M

Member 113878

Didn’t try yet, but here’s Rod’s answer:
You could use it to shave, but it would be an inferior product to using an actual shave soap. The lather will break down before the end of your shave.

Top Bottom