What's new

Shampoo Bars?

I went through switching from commercial shampoo over to just good old fashioned soap, initially, and had good results with those. Eventually I tried out Lush's shampoo bars, and that was where I ended up staying. I will say, after I made the change away from the "standard" shampoos, any and all dandruff issues (which used to be a constant issue), haven't been seen at all now in many years.

Do not know where you are located, but if you are in Canada, I saw some Soapworks shampoo & conditioner bars at Bulk Barn for about $2. I noticed it a little while ago, but have never tried it myself. They are Made in Canada.

proxy.php

@OtterLunacy Yeah, I'm aware of how tea tree oil smells. I have some face wash with it and have used it on skin tags. I wasn't planning to use it as a nice smelling scent as I described above for peppermint and lavender. LOL.

I've been using shampoo bars for awhile. Currently using the ones from Lather Bros. Interesting scents and (even though they are small) they last a long time.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Shampoo bars are great and way better than the vast majority of drugstores liquid shampoos. For many reasons:

1. They almost always have a better ingredients list, with less or no harsh chemicals.

2. They are more skin friendly and more healthy for both hair and scalp.

3. Since they last longer than their liquid counterparts they are not more expensive at all.

Recently, I have switched to real "savon de Marseille" soaps and find them superb for both body and hair.

Savon de Marseille from Marius Fabre and La Corvette which I use have exactly the same ingredients list as follows: Sodium Olivate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide. Pure olive oil is 72%.

I've put this Savon de Marseille on Subscribe and Save with Amazon. I should get my first shipment the 2nd week of February. I got the 21.5 ounce cube, because why get anything less? LOL.

I just started using the Barbershop bar from Stirliing. It lathers quite easy and cleans the hair squeaky clean. Also the ingredients should be good for what little I have left.

I ordered a bar of the WSP barbershop scent shampoo bar. Time to test the waters on some other brands than my usual, in case I find one I like more, or one that is just as good but cheaper/easier to get.

I ordered a bar of the WSP barbershop scent shampoo bar. Time to test the waters on some other brands than my usual, in case I find one I like more, or one that is just as good but cheaper/easier to get.

I've seen "WSP" used before but I can't remember what brand that is? Sometimes these abbreviatians just kill me!

What is it?

Mike

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I've heard of Singles Bars and Cigar Bars, but Shampoo Bars must be a place with a veritable plethora of scents (and foam!)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marius Fabre. I should get it in early February, if it fits through the front door. LOL. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012GHQBM

I have been using Marius Fabre for two weeks now and it's amazing. Just amazing. During winter months my hands dry out pretty badly (to the point of having cracks with blood) and a moisturizing cream was a forced choice. No more now, this superb handmade soap leaves my hands and skin silky soft. :001_wub:

I just use a bar of Grandpa's Pine Tar soap as a shampoo. I used H&S and other dandruff shampoos for many years and have tried various shampoo bars, including JR Liggetts. For me, Grandpa's works best on my dandruff. I can also use it as a hand and body soap. Conditioning my hair afterwards with apple cider vinegar (diluted with water) also helps.

I do like Stirling's shave and body soaps, so one day I may try the shampoo bar, especially if he comes out with a pine tar. I am tempted to try Stirling's Rosemary-Mint shampoo bar, because I love his Rosemary-Mint bath bar.

Seems I was a day or two late in ordering a new bar. I thought I could get a couple more uses of the sliver I had left of my old one, but went to use it earlier and it pretty much disintegrated on me, reducing me to using my standard bar soap for a couple days. lol

I have been using Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Oil bars for washing my hair for the past 6 months and I like the results.

I started out several years ago using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Found that Queen Charlotte Soap made a tea tree oil one that worked exceptionally well for me; significantly reduced itchy scalp. Unfortunately, Queen Charlotte stopped all production. Tried Chagrin Valley again once, but have now switched to Sappo Hill tea tree and avocado oil. Does a nice job, and is not overly expensive. (But they do have a $20 minimum order plus shipping.) As to vinegar, I did to begin with. Not sure it did anything. Haven't after about the first three uses many years ago.

Top Bottom