What's new

Shampoo bar suggestions

Based on a dozen false starts with bar shampoo, I'm totally convinced: the highest-quality (great hair results), best value-for-money (number of shampoos from one bar) comes from LUSH. Kinda girly - they do always have a couple non-fruity varieties targeted at men, though frustratingly they always seem to limited editions and therefore if you like some variety you have to reorder fast or it probably won't be available.
But still, I don't think I'll experiment with any more brands, none of them have ever come close to whatever LUSH happens to be selling men.
This is my experience also. I don't buy it regularly, due to the cost, but I've not found anything in the shaving soap makers world that compares.

Been reading a lot on here how some use only shampoo bars and get great results.

Any suggestions for someone like me that hasn't ever tried one? I like the idea of on product for the entire body.
I'm pretty partial to Lush's bars. I also have a vendor at my local farmers market who sells them who uses goats milk. Lush has had a lot of longevity and I like how my hair feels after use though. They also sell conditioner bars if you're interested in that as well.

I have been using Mike’s shampoo bars for years.

IMG_6934.jpeg

I recently picked up 2 shampoo bars from the local Lush store that I buy my kids bath bombs at. I didn’t have any expectations. I don‘t suffer from dry or oily scalp, dandruff or anything. I just wanted to try something different than the “Live Clean” brand I’ve been rocking for the last few years. I chose a lemon and bergamot bar, and an orange, cedar and pine bar. (This is the one I tried first.)

I was amazed how after wetting the bar and rubbing against my scalp for about 0.5 seconds, there was lather flowing off of the top of my head. I placed the soap outside of the shower on a soap dish to preserve the bar, and washed my hair as normal. The scent was incredible and my hair felt clean, but not dry or stripped from it’s natural oils. Thus far I’m very impressed with this product.

I first started with Duke Cannon pucks back in August. The scent was mild, but I thought it performed well. I switched over to Grown *** Man and have been super impressed. The scent is stronger and it leaves my hair so soft (almost too soft for my liking). They’re pretty cheap at $7 a bar when you buy six, and each lasts me easily 2 months with daily use.

Grown *** Man Co. - Solid Shampoo Bar Rich Lather 3 in 1: Hair, Beard & Body Wash - Plastic Free & Eco-Friendly, Natural & Organic Clean for All Hair Types, 4oz Bar (Mint Condition, Single) Amazon.com - https://a.co/d/0DNvND8

I do think the wife and I are going to make an order at Chagrin Valley when my next bar of GAM is done

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I recently picked up 2 shampoo bars from the local Lush store that I buy my kids bath bombs at. I didn’t have any expectations. I don‘t suffer from dry or oily scalp, dandruff or anything. I just wanted to try something different than the “Live Clean” brand I’ve been rocking for the last few years. I chose a lemon and bergamot bar, and an orange, cedar and pine bar. (This is the one I tried first.)

I was amazed how after wetting the bar and rubbing against my scalp for about 0.5 seconds, there was lather flowing off of the top of my head. I placed the soap outside of the shower on a soap dish to preserve the bar, and washed my hair as normal. The scent was incredible and my hair felt clean, but not dry or stripped from it’s natural oils. Thus far I’m very impressed with this product.
Sounds great, and tempting! Thanks for the heads-up.

Heads up! I made an inadvertent funny!

Yes, not sure why the weights are hard to locate on her website. Shampoo bars are 4.2 ounces.

Cool. Guess we’ll be buying from them. I appreciate that they don’t use palm oil. They’re the cheapest, too, and don’t seem to rely on fancy websites, marketing, and advertising lingo. I wish they sold a vinegar wash, though. Maybe I’ll just have to make one.

Top Bottom