What's new

Shampoo bar suggestions

Interesting thread. I'm currently using a tobacco shampoo bar by WSP. But I don't think I'll buy again, since getting it to Canada is cost prohibitive. I have used a PAA but found the scent weak and the bar too soft. Didn't last very long. Will try Stirling next. I've been using both their hand soaps and shaving soaps. I find them to be good value and performers.

Stirling bar is softer and smaller than PAA

Stirling has a wide selection of scents and the price is reasonable. BTW good results too. DR Harris is also very good but more pricey. I use DR when I travel because they have a nifty aluminum soap holder.

Have had issues with dandruff and dry skin in the past but the shampoo bars seem to be working. Have tried many different shampoo bars (Liggitts, Lisa's Aduvardic, etc.) and have found the Siliski to be my favorite so far.I am currently using Siliski Soaps Patchouli Blend Shampoo Bar and have been using it since the Maggard Meet Up, it still has about another month left so a excellent value. Used to use his Body Bar Floral Bouquet as a shampoo bar since it was LOADED with skin food and that worked great so figured the shampoo bar would be as well.

+1 for D R Harris Shampoo Bars. I wash my hair daily and find these keep my hair in great shape. My favorite scent is the coconut. And as another poster said, they last a long time.

My wife has tried multiple shampoo bars from artisan companies her favorite are the paa shampoo bars with conditioner she love the scents and variety she says the lather well she doesn’t have to do apple cider vinaigrette rinses as potent they make her hair softer and some even have lasted a short while after getting out of shower and they are a good price for cost vs how long they last

If you want a clarifying shampoo bar I've noticed that Neutrogena face wash bars work great for that. Hair is noticeably cleaner even 24 hours after a shower, unlike other shampoos that leave a residue.

PDP’s lavender is our favorite. It’s a hard soap, so it lasts quite a long time. I also use it to shampoo my hair. The wife commented that my grey hair looked much better after a few weeks using the PDP soap.

Based on a dozen false starts with bar shampoo, I'm totally convinced: the highest-quality (great hair results), best value-for-money (number of shampoos from one bar) comes from LUSH. Kinda girly - they do always have a couple non-fruity varieties targeted at men, though frustratingly they always seem to limited editions and therefore if you like some variety you have to reorder fast or it probably won't be available.
But still, I don't think I'll experiment with any more brands, none of them have ever come close to whatever LUSH happens to be selling men.

Top Bottom