What's new

Shampoo bar suggestions

Forgive my ignorance as I've been a head and shoulders kind of a guy my whole life. Would the rinse be used pre or post shampoo bar?
Rinse generally not needed with the Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. I wash and go.

I have started using Grandpa's Pine Tar bar based on suggestions on this site. I am on my third bar, and I'm a believer. Also of note, based on what I have read and my experience, I only shampoo once or twice a week.

Forgive my ignorance as I've been a head and shoulders kind of a guy my whole life. Would the rinse be used pre or post shampoo bar?

I had been a H&S guy most of my life until switching to Grandpa's bar soap. I still keep a bottle of Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength in my shower for an occasional break, usually only a few times around Oct & Feb. The ACV rinse is in lieu of conditioner. Vinegar makes a great rinse and softener.

Been married almost 50 years and I still wash my own clothes. I use 6-8oz of white vinegar in my rinse cycle. My wife still uses that Downy crap for her clothes, but at some point, I convinced her to at least use it when she does towels. I wash the sheets and those get a white vinegar rinse.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've just been using Stirling bath bars for some number of years, now, and I've been very happy. Only one bar in the show for all my washing needs.

Delivery received
proxy.php

Delivery received
proxy.php
Excellent! I’ve only tried the Neem on the far left of your picture but I really like it. I wish you well and hope you find something you like.

I’d like to hear your thoughts on any of these after you’ve used it a few times.

@ike I’ve been using the Neem for both hair and body and I’m loving it. My skin feels great, and no signs of dandruff yet so things are looking promising. I haven’t tried the others yet.

@ike @DEATHMgck just an update it's been a week and a half and I've been using the Neem and Tea Tree bar exclusively as a shampoo bar (to extend the life and save some money :) ). I have no dandruff, my hair feels great and has a healthy natural sheen to it, not greasy in the slightest bit. Long story short I love it. When using it as a shampoo bar only, it will last quite a long time, compared to when I was using it for both body and hair.

I'm also pairing it up with a rinse by the same company. I'm using it every other day.

proxy.php

No comments on the other three, other than my wife did not like the Chamomile and citrus bar.

@DEATHMgck have you tried any shampoo bars since your original inquiry?

@ike @DEATHMgck just an update it's been a week and a half and I've been using the Neem and Tea Tree bar exclusively as a shampoo bar (to extend the life and save some money :) ). I have no dandruff, my hair feels great and has a healthy natural sheen to it, not greasy in the slightest bit. Long story short I love it. When using it as a shampoo bar only, it will last quite a long time, compared to when I was using it for both body and hair.

I'm also pairing it up with a rinse by the same company. I'm using it every other day.

proxy.php

No comments on the other three, other than my wife did not like the Chamomile and citrus bar.

PeteVK,

I'm really glad to hear the product is working out for you. Simpler is better!

Peace,
Dennis

proxy.php

Much like most things, I have a list and need to go shopping.

I have liked around at some local places for some of these items. Absolutely no one carries this stuff. Really unfortunate.

Another vote for Stirling. I’ve also used WSP and they are good, but smaller and more money than Stirling with about equal performance.

I've used Beauty and the Bees shampoo bars for the last three years. Best my hair has ever been.
My favourites are Tasmanian Beer and Moroccan Mud.

proxy.php

Why is a 'special' rinse required or recommended with some of these mentioned shampoo bars? Or is it all bars? I've never used any rinse except water. I am looking for better grade shampoo, though.

c

Top Bottom