What's new

Shallow Angle Slants - Ikon?

Is the Ikon slant a forgiving slant and suitable for someone who prefers shallow angles? I also prefer a very mild (inefficient / low exposure) so that if I hit the steeper angle on accident it wont knick me.

I often use the progress and 6s and such on the lower settings. Due to a disabilty I cannot turn my neck so I am kinda limited in shaving angles / adjustment

Ikon has two slant heads . The x3 and B1. I can only speak to the b1. It does have a fairly steep shaping angle compared to the standard. I find it a medium aggressive razor. Certainly more aggressive than my mild razors such as my feather ASD2. But it is hardly a monster either. I find it one of the most efficient razors I have, and gives a very smooth and comfortable shave, with the right care and without too much bite. I particularly like it for two or more days of growth, but have used it as an every day razor in the past

The X3 is mild, yet efficient, and works well on the shallower side. Chock in a smooth blade, like a Rapira Platinum Lux, and you barely even know there's a blade in it.

Oddly, another surprisingly shallow shaving slant, which I've just gotten the first decent shaves by going shallow, darn near riding the cap, is the Fatip Lo Sorto OC. (I'd imagine the closed comb would be even gentler). Even the OC version is pretty darn mild, with no more blade feel than my Rockwell on maybe plate 4....I almost exclusively use plate 6 with my Rockwell 6s.

Also check out the Above the Tie S1 slant. The website has some discounted scratch and dent items in the deals section. Super smooth and forgiving.

As far as ikon goes, I’ve tried the B1 slant. To me it was more aggressive and not very forgiving. YMMV. Good luck!

Top Bottom