What's new

Shaky start....

Good luck with that. It will cost ya half the cost of the 955 or more to fix it. And thats an illegal radio. Ha. Preditors is cool. I got a few laying around here.

Well, I shaved with the GD that @Steve56 sent to me to learn the ropes again this morning. Last night, I went through a progression of films per the lapping film thread...thanks again to @Slash McCoy for that.

Very close, comfortable shave with a very few spots where I used my Merkur DE to catch the hard to get stubble. Only spot of red was where I sliced off the top of a bump on my chin where I had a mole removed years ago.

Steve sent me a razor that had a wonderfully sharp edge, I immediately dulled it through n00b misuse and mistakes, and now it's back to shaving again. Could it be sharper? Without a doubt. But it makes me happy that I see now that I can learn how to use and hone a razor for myself.

You folks here at B&B are the greatest.

Side note:

I'm going to have to shave my arms from shoulder to wrist to even up the hair growth...

all the running the razor down them to test sharpness.

Side note:

I'm going to have to shave my arms from shoulder to wrist to even up the hair growth...

all the running the razor down them to test sharpness.
My left arm has uneven stubble and my right arm is bushy. I guess people will just see me as a bit weird. Like I needed another reason to stand out in Japan lol.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I normally do a three-pass SR shave, WTG, XTG & ATG. This morning I tried a two-pass shave, WTG & ATG on a two-day growth and was pleasantly surprised with the result. After a little touch up in places, I was BBS all over.

I will not make a habit of this as I enjoy SR shaving too much.

Yep, mine was 3 pass with straight, cleanup with DE. DE pass was like running it over glass for most of my face and neck.

The generosity and willingness of the wet shaving community to help a n00b get started straight razor shaving is apparently non stop.

Just received confirmation that a vintage straight razor was delivered today from HazMat Shaver. Sir, I look forward to trying it out when I get back home.

🤗😁👍😜

Used the vintage straight today, no DE batting cleanup. DFS to BBS with two spots left just a little rough-tip of my chin and Adam's apple.

I think it's fair to say that I'm hooked.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Slim, it only gets even better! Congratulations.

You can now walk (drive) with your head just that little bit higher as you master this new skill.

Top Bottom