What's new

Seygus Zeppelin v2 Titanium 07/05

The things that appeal to me in a razor are a fresh, original and distinctive aesthetic look and design, great functionality that combines comfort in shaving with efficiency, and a new inventive idea that it brings to life. The first two are easily found nowadays, sometimes in the same razor, but the last factor is much rarer.

Te seygus zeppelin seems to fulfil that last factor in spades. Instead of a razor head that curves the blade transversely like a Fatip, the razor head curves the blade longitudinal so that when seen front on, the razor head is shaped like a slight frown. The idea is that alog with the generous end clamping that the design of the cap and the bottom plate has, the longitudinal curve stiffens the blade to reduce chatter ad add rigidity

I got the razor directly from JRD which makes seygus by way of CNC machining in Spain. As it is made of titanium, the Zeppelin is the lightest razor I have handled so far, being lighter even tha solid brass fatip piccolo which is considerably smaller.

The razor is polished quite well to the level and according to the same philosophy as a pils, with some tooling marks. It can probably be described as a textured polish. Build quality is excellent though probably not qute to the near perfect level of a Tatara or a Feather ASD2.

The handle has 'S' letters engraved throughout to provide grip. It looks very distinctive to me and proved very effective and I had no issues shavi with the razor at all.

The performance of the razor is really good. It is a mild and smooth shaving razor much like the asd2 and the masamune. It is not aa efficient as the rocnel sailor can be but it is very smooth and mild and I can almost go on autopilot to shave with it.

This is the first titanium razor I have ever used and I now understand what is meant in the forums by a softer feel on the face imparted by the titanium vs stainless steel. JRD charges a very good price as well for the zeppelin titanium razor.

Definitely a great razor and highly recommended!

20200923_011417.jpg

Glad to hear that your like it, I do have the titanium version in two different gap plates (0.5/0.7 and 0.7/0.9) and both provide really close and smooth shaves. I like the idea of having two different gaps on the same base, this is also a distinctive feature.

Bye!

Glad to hear that your like it, I do have the titanium version in two different gap plates (0.5/0.7 and 0.7/0.9) and both provide really close and smooth shaves. I like the idea of having two different gaps on the same base, this is also a distinctive feature.

Bye!
Can you compare 0,7 and 0,9 gap with something common like Rockwell 6S or Karve please ?

Can you compare 0,7 and 0,9 gap with something common like Rockwell 6S or Karve please ?

I have used Seygus Zeppelin Ti 0.7/0.9 and Rockwell 6S with base number 6 in the last days and my impression is that Seygus gives a smoother shave. The Rockwell seems more rough to me. Maybe the weight difference plays an important role, but it is true that Seygus gave me an in readable closer shave, whereas the Rockwell left some spots that required more attention (touch ups).

Bye!

Top Bottom