What's new

Seygus Zeppelin .9, as efficient as the Wunderbar?

So let me start things off with saying I'm a huge slant fanatic. They aren't perfect but they really get the job done for me better than straight bars for the most part. Not that I dislike straight bars, as I have some that are truly excellent. However they all seem to struggle a little around the goatee. As a result I've long championed slants, as the slant concept made short work of my problem areas. The wunderbar has been my go to slant for some time now. Many find it overly efficient and I'll admit there are days where it makes me face feel a little raw. But it has otherwise served me dutifully and taught me how to shave without over-buffing, or making unnecessary passes. However I've always had an issue where the wunderbar seems to be a little harsh on the old stache. Strange because my regular double edges work better for my stache whereas my wunderbar works better for everywhere else. As a result I've long kept my eyes open for something that would be a happy medium. The seygus zeppelin intrigued me. It obviously hasn't been chattered about much lately. It's release was some time ago and it has more or less drowned in a sea of high end razor releases. However the frown concept interested me. I didn't know if it'd be a useless gimmick or what. But decided to hedge my bets. Having shaved with it a few times now I can say it's astonishingly as smooth and efficient as my winderbar. The nature of the geometry has made shaving different. As you can feel the differences in exposure between the center most part of the frown and the outer edges. But so long as you place the razor squarely on your face it seems to cleave through hair scarily effectively. I never expected this razor to equal my slant, but it has. I encourage any slant lovers, or those like me who almost need a slant, to give this one a whirl!

lasta

Blade Biter
I have 2 New Improved razors, probably due to age, or me dropping it multiple times, one of the top caps have formed a significant frown...But I don't think it made any difference on the shave.

I have 2 New Improved razors, probably due to age, or me dropping it multiple times, one of the top caps have formed a significant frown...But I don't think it made any difference on the shave.
I'd wager there's a difference between that and a razor designed from the bottom up to operate with a frown. The blade is exposed more in the center and less on the sides.

Top Bottom