What's new

Sextoblade pass around and PIF

I think Otto may be giving his a shot soon too so maybe be will add his thoughts. I was thinking that maybe we could add our reviews to the Wiki or where ever and start a Sextoblade Wiki so others will have some info...

I am impressed with this razor, its far better than any other shavette type i have used before, the blades slice through the hairs, no irritation, just a really close shave. I have not yet taken the gaurd off, will try this tomorrow night, but so far very good, in fact if i saw 1 around, i would buy it, though think i may have trouble getting blades here in the uk. Will report back tomorrow.

I think Otto may be giving his a shot soon too so maybe be will add his thoughts. I was thinking that maybe we could add our reviews to the Wiki or where ever and start a Sextoblade Wiki so others will have some info...

Good idea. We could add to the review section. Do you want to take first stab?

Sure, if I can figure it out :lol: Ill look at it this morning. The ol' mans on his way over for breakfast and a shaving lesson! I have almost the whole family converted now!!!!

I finally tried the Weck out today. I've got to tell you I was not expecting to enjoy shaving with it. I think it was so ugly when I received it that even after cleaning it up I was still against it. It was shipped to me with an old rusty blade inside that had probably been there for years...I think we just got off to a bad start. Contempt prior to investigation.

It really wasn't a bad shave at all! The weight was enough so that it didn't want to skip but not so heavy it tried to push the blade into my skin.
I ended up doing one pass WTG and then a second pass ATG except for upper & lower lip & chin which were XTG.
This was with three days worth of growth, with these two passes I got a good enough shave I could have stopped there. I took the guard off and had a final ATG pass and got almost as close of a shave as I do with a regular straight razor. I am sure with a little practice the shaves would be equal.
No irritation or cuts either, which is a pleasant surprise for me the fist time I try any new razor. That being said I wouldn't use this without the guard unless you have used straight razors before or have used one of these enough to get a good feel for it. It could cut you pretty good if you slipped.

Am I ready to toss my traditional straights and go to this instead? No. I like the ritual that comes with straight razors, I like the feel of the blade better, and last but not least I like the look of them.

I could see buying another though, after this is PIF'd. It could make a convenient travel razor, and with the guard on would be a good option for shaving with if I was running really late. I am definitely glad I tried it and think anyone that signed up for this pass around is in for a nice shave with it.

Glad we talked you in to giving it a shot Otto! I am a huge fan and get great BBS shaves with in 2 or 3 passes with zero irritation. I still want to give the traditional straights a shot but I doubt the Sextoblade will ever leave my den.

Glad we talked you in to giving it a shot Otto! I am a huge fan and get great BBS shaves with in 2 or 3 passes with zero irritation. I still want to give the traditional straights a shot but I doubt the Sextoblade will ever leave my den.

Yeah, I am too! I can really see the appeal of these now. It's kind of a straight razor/safety razor hybrid, or a maintenance free straight razor. Pretty cool no matter how you choose to see it.

Yeah, I am too! I can really see the appeal of these now. It's kind of a straight razor/safety razor hybrid, or a maintenance free straight razor. Pretty cool no matter how you choose to see it.

I look at it as a nice maintenance free straight. I guess my reasoning is I haven't used a Shavette but I hear they're very light. Though this didn't feel extremely weighty, it was relatively close to a straight where I felt more comfortable.

I got the goods today!

I suppose I should sterilize the thing? None of you guys have aids right? RIGHT!? :scared:

Anyway, I'll try and figure out how to work the thing and report back.

I have 113 STDs, 7 of which are only found in sharks. Luckily they are competing so much against eachother that it's such a perfect balance that I'm not sick... so you're cool.

I found a Sextoblade! I got it because it was inexpensive, and because of the great things that Paul has said about his. Even though it has come in, I haven't used it yet... I got a bunch of things with that order, and have been too busy playing with one of the other things. I will have to seek out some blades for it, and give it a go. I am glad to hear that others are enjoying their Weck experiences, too!

Okay first shave today.

YEOWCH!

It's sharp, I'll give it that, but not much more than my regular straight. It cuts smoothly, which is good and bad. The bad is that it's not giving you feedback when you're nicking yourself! I definitely need more practice with it. I got a couple of nicks that wouldn't go away without the styptic pencil. That's rare for me.

Overall, not bad. The guard only works on one side, am I correct? While switching hands I felt like I was using it wrong, so I just took the guard off. Surprisingly, I got more nicks with the guard on...

Okay first shave today.

YEOWCH!

It's sharp, I'll give it that, but not much more than my regular straight. It cuts smoothly, which is good and bad. The bad is that it's not giving you feedback when you're nicking yourself! I definitely need more practice with it. I got a couple of nicks that wouldn't go away without the styptic pencil. That's rare for me.

Overall, not bad. The guard only works on one side, am I correct? While switching hands I felt like I was using it wrong, so I just took the guard off. Surprisingly, I got more nicks with the guard on...

I have been able to avoid nicks and even weepers but a few times I have gotten a good cut.

I have not been able to do the hand switching thing yet, I have tried but it feels really wrong.

The gaurd pulls off and you can flip it around so it is a "left or right" type of deal, so it WILL work on both sides. It should slide off fairly easy (it did when it left here). I only use the guard now when I am tired.

Hope the next shave is better!

Oh okay. I'll try that out next time. I'm taking a day or two off to let me face heal, but then I'll give it another go.

Top Bottom