What's new

Sewickley Scented Shave Soap

I believe this to be a relatively new soap company. They get their name from the town in Pensylvania where they are from. I got a 8oz. Jar direct from them for just $10.50 plus shipping. They are heavily scented. The one I got called "Daybreak" has a strange but pleasant smell of berries flora and bubblegum. The cream had a deep foam green color and looked like cupcake frosting. A dime size amount lathered up into a very thick, slick cream. Outperformed lots of other products I have including the new Tabac (which sadly I've had enough of) I will be buying from them again. They have some other scent that involves whiskey 😃

Attachments

• inbound8418648316996633718.jpg
    inbound8418648316996633718.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 32
  • inbound3828540204192285457.jpg
    inbound3828540204192285457.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • inbound5900756088795590281.jpg
    inbound5900756088795590281.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 34

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Could you please post the ingredients list?
Yeah, I couldn't find any on their site. Looks very reasonably priced, and a HUGE container. Might tempt me to shave my incredibly handsome face more often, AND start competitive swimming AND biking just so's I could shave my legs. True story doggone!

@sternej could we please ask you to post a pic of the ingredient listing?

Thank you!
Could you please post the ingredients list?
Here's what it's made of:.
Ingredients: Water, Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Ricinus Communism (Castor) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Helianthus Annuis (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Canola Oil, Fragrance, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Bentonite, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

Thanks. Not much to dislike about that ingredients list, unless you are the kind of person whose skin is sensitive to the drying effects of saponified coconut oil. The shea butter and sunflower seed oil should help to reduce the risk of over-drying. Definitely looks like it would lather fantastically, with stearic, then coconut oil; and I've always like soaps/creams that have a fair bit of castor seed oil. Seems like these products always have a nice dense lather that is stable.

Thanks. Not much to dislike about that ingredients list, unless you are the kind of person whose skin is sensitive to the drying effects of saponified coconut oil. The shea butter and sunflower seed oil should help to reduce the risk of over-drying. Definitely looks like it would lather fantastically, with stearic, then coconut oil; and I've always like soaps/creams that have a fair bit of castor seed oil. Seems like these products always have a nice dense lather that is stable.
I'm sold. I hope the keep their prices low and these big jars .I will try some other scents.

Some more thoughts on Sewickleys; It makes an great lather but I do admit, you have to work it for quite a while, so when I'm in a rush, not my first choice. To do it right with my two lather, two pass shaving, it's about a twety to 25 minute shave. it's a dense 'croap' that takes a while for water to break down. I love the scents and performance. here's some w/ Pictures:

This Orange and Teakwood is one of the most heavily scented. Great Or'ange scent. This mostly smells like Lucky Tiger

I believe this to be a relatively new soap company. They get their name from the town in Pensylvania where they are from. I got a 8oz. Jar direct from them for just $10.50 plus shipping. They are heavily scented. The one I got called "Daybreak" has a strange but pleasant smell of berries flora and bubblegum. The cream had a deep foam green color and looked like cupcake frosting. A dime size amount lathered up into a very thick, slick cream. Outperformed lots of other products I have including the new Tabac (which sadly I've had enough of) I will be buying from them again. They have some other scent that involves whiskey 

Attachments

• inbound5470752694129816597.jpg
    inbound5470752694129816597.jpg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 6
  • inbound3588196253642322630.jpg
    inbound3588196253642322630.jpg
    773.2 KB · Views: 5
@geneaut What's your thoughts on Jade?
I’ve only used it once, and it shaved very well. The lather was easy to create and was thick and slick. The scent was clean and soapy, but it wasn’t anything special. Not bad but nothing that really rang a bell with my nose to me. I have a big rotation so it may be a bit before I get back to it.

I’m still glad I bought it. The older I get the more I’m digging really strong and complex scents so my take on the scent can be colored by that.

Bought a few Sewickley soaps on a black Friday sale. I love their soaps but didn't alawys. Took a while to figure out that they require a full two minutes of blooming submerged in warm to hot water. I fill the bottom of a shave bowl and press it thin. Spilling the water out after using a palmful as a preshave. Oddly they all have somewhat different ingreients. They're all croaps, but some softer than others, they all deliver great performamce. This one 'Sea Salt & Orchid' has the best scent of all of them I've used so far and I think Ive tried them all.
inbound4458188867596800410.jpg
inbound3862280518678731211.jpg

Top Bottom