What's new

sevette or sinjector

Inquiring minds want to know.

Does it still qualify as a sevette once you remove the corner stops or once you modify it to use an injector blade? This was made from an extra MMOC I had that was missing some teeth. I just filed down all the rough edges and round corners with a file.

se1.jpg se2.jpg se3.jpg

How does it shave is the question?

The razor is slated for use over the weekend. I'll post more details then. It should be easy enough to dial in the angle if the few test drags across the face are any indication. This gives plenty of audible feedback when it is cutting hair.

Gave this razor it's maiden shave today. It was mediocre at best. Blade did a lot of pulling and average at best hair reduction. 5 pass shave and I could have done better with a mild DE. Either I was shaving it with too lite of a touch, blade was shot (it was a blue carbon steel o it's 4th use) or the blade is still flexing I don't know yet. I am going to try again tomorrow with a fresh ptfe coated stainless steel blade.

Gave this razor it's maiden shave today. It was mediocre at best. Blade did a lot of pulling and average at best hair reduction. 5 pass shave and I could have done better with a mild DE. Either I was shaving it with too lite of a touch, blade was shot (it was a blue carbon steel o it's 4th use) or the blade is still flexing I don't know yet. I am going to try again tomorrow with a fresh ptfe coated stainless steel blade.
You perhaps had three strikes against you, dull blade, blue carbon blade, trying to use a razor outside it's design.

You perhaps had three strikes against you, dull blade, blue carbon blade, trying to use a razor outside it's design.

I'll know for sure if the blade needs the ends secured or not tomorrow. Fresh blade should negate strike one and two here. The blade is after looking at it looks like it is serrated on one side so that certainly didn't help. Other observation and it may have been from first touching the blade to the face at too shallow an angle for certain passes in spots is my face looks like it has scratches in places. I went real lite on the touch and slow but the angle could be the problem. I could have banged out the same overall shave with a Gillette tech in less time with a lot less effort.

Last edited:
I'll know for sure if the blade needs the ends secured or not tomorrow. The blade is after looking at it looks like it is serrated on one side so that certainly didn't help. Other observation and it may have been from first touching the blade to the face at too shallow an angle for certain passes in spots is my face looks like it has scratches in places. I went real lite on the touch and slow but the angle could be the problem. I could have banged out the same overall shave with a Gillette tech in less time with a lot less effort. I'll know for sure on the razor design thing with a blade type I know works well for me in other Gem razors.
First time I tried to use one of those blue carbon blades took .0541 seconds and I changed it out to a PTFE. That was awful. The funny thing is I use a SR made out of carbon and it's smooth as silk.

As I suspected the edges of the blade need to be covered. I didn't make it past the first WTG pass with a fresh ptfe blade. To many puncture marks and bleeding. Not to mention taking a whole entire shave pimple down smooth. It was a bloodbath. Switched over the frankengem to finish off the shave. Besides that first pass one of the best shaves I've had in a long time. Lesson learned.

Here is frankengem
Here is a frankengem maybe someone here might be able identify what razor the head originally belonged to. The handle is from a Valet Autostrop.
View attachment 922232 View attachment 922230

You can see someone repaired this by welding a nut on the base of the head.
View attachment 922231

Maybe this view will help in identifying the head unless the angle was also modified on it.
View attachment 922233

Also the head as it turns out looks to be purposely bent inwards so the handle is parallel to the suggested shave plane in the old gem instructions.

Top Bottom