What's new

Setup For Videoing Your Own Shave?

Easiest way would be to use a laptop or tablet with built in camera, and then use that as your mirror while you shave.

Kensurfs has a video where he shows his setup for his iphone. It's a suction cup holder attached to his mirror.
But it fell once so he used an adhesive to permanently attach it to the mirror.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Both sound doable but the laptop on a bench would probably be too low to get a reasonable video angle. I might try it with an old cellphone that I have and stick it to the mirror.

I gave my last tablet to a poor family about a couple of months ago so that their daughter could participate in her online high school classes.

Mobile phone + suction car phone holder + mirror would work. Is there a video coming?

266517CD-80C9-4A44-8BA2-24E3CCB6A8DD.jpeg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Once I am capable of doing it, I would like to publish a video or three of my way.

I’ve seen others, such as Nick Shaves that sets their camera on a tripod and aims it into the mirror. The upside is you can probably get highs resolution and sharper videos. The downside is you can’t see what you are shooting as you shave.

I use a suction cup mount that has a positionable arm, with a cell phone holder on the end. Similar to one already posted here. Found it on Amazon.

For a while, I bent up a wire coat hanger, so it would nestle the phone, and hung it from a nail in the wall.

(Sent from mobile)

Don't forget to wear an undershirt! :c1: :c2:

As a general rule, I don't watch shaving videos. However, one younger shaver made one showing how he made lather and then shaved. He asked me to comment on it. My only comment: it was too long. One hour and 20 minutes long.

Top Bottom