What's new

Settling on one?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Depends on the razor. For my Oristo, it's Nacet. For my R41, it's Astra SP. For my Hone, it's still in flux.

I was making myself crazy and finally settled on Nacets. I liked them so much I traded my 1000 Polsilvers for them. I had some other brands but Polsilvers was my main go to until I tried a Nacet. Then I was sold. For me personally, I need something just a tad sharper but smooth too, of course. Everybody is different, yada, yada.

Gillette Platinums for me.

Favorites before were Super Max Blue Diamonds, super smooth from shaves 2-8 but the 1st was always a little harsher.

GPs are just as smooth but it’s from the 1st shave onwards. Dig em, ordered 100, should last awhile.

Derby, Derby Prime, Astra SP, Nacet, Kai, Feather are my current regular rotation and favorites. If I had to pick one it would be Astra's, but the others each work differently in different razors and with different creams/soaps to give different shaves. At this point will not need and hopefully resist buying blades till I run out, about 3017. Since different razors and lathers optimize with different blades don't see any reason to use only one blade for everything.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've been using PolSilver SI for the past couple of years. I've got about 500 left, so I guess it will be a while before I'm searching again.

Well I just added 100 Med Preps :07:, at least all my blades say Personna on them. I should get points for consistency at least :001_rolle.

Top Bottom