What's new

Settebello 7 For First Straight?

Would this Settebello straight make a good razor for a beginner or is it more of a gamble/project type razor?

I would have it honed by Griffiths prior to shipment. Basically, I'm looking for a good quality razor to learn with that isn't too expensive or fancy. Just a good, basic razor. Thanks for any advice.

Went to add a strop to the shopping cart and was very surprised by the prices. Had no idea a strop would be nearly as much as the razor. Need to do some research and see what a good, inexpensive strop costs before heading down this path.

Check out Heirloomrazorstrop.com. @Tony Miller is a member here and he'll take good care of you.

Just went to his website a few minutes ago but it wouldn't load on my phone for some reason. I'll get the laptop out and try that. Figured out after just a few minutes of research that I don't have to spend $100+ for a beginner strop so that's good 👍

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@Wgg2017, welcome to the gentlemanly art of SR shaving. Before you go any further, read and heed the warning:

Now that's over with, if it was within my budget, I would be very happy to have that SR as my first.

For about the cheapest usable leather strop (60mm wide of calf hide) with denim, you can buy a Titan strop on AliExpress. The leather is thin and flexible, a bit like kangaroo. That shouldn't be a problem as you will probably be cutting it up as your first. I cut up two strops before settling down.

Top Bottom