What's new

Serious question ... I'm looking for reasons to NOT buy another razor

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
So I have an M type adjustable, and frankly I'm unsure which one, and I have a CanadianE4 Schick.

I'm happy as a clam and not interested in "collecting" a lot razors, not in the least.

Any reason to get another Schick injector because it will shave differently? I'm happy with the shave I get from these two. Again I'm looking for a different shave, not something to collect, just because. Thanks!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Short answer: nope! I've got A through O -- love them all, but honestly couldn't in good faith recommend one over the other, unless you love the hunt and feel like collecting. The only slight caveat is that the L takes a Japanese twin blade, but even with that distinction, I honestly think I'd stop if I were you....I don't see/feel a big diff between the various models. Oh wait, this is B&B....ummm, I mean buy them all and see for yourself....YMMV :laugh:

So I have an M type adjustable, and frankly I'm unsure which one, and I have a CanadianE4 Schick.

I'm happy as a clam and not interested in "collecting" a lot razors, not in the least.

Any reason to get another Schick injector because it will shave differently? I'm happy with the shave I get from these two. Again I'm looking for a different shave, not something to collect, just because. Thanks!
It seems to me you answered your own question... twice :cool:

I'm not judging you. In all honesty, it's a question I wish I had asked myself a few dozen razors ago.

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Honestly, I have been at this for more than 10 years, and after trying more stuff than I care to admit, I am finally in a very happy place.

Very early on I was getting shaves that were way better than a cartridge and canned goop. I could have called myself a happy camper, and quit. But I didn't.

My shave has only within the past year reached a point where I have really stopped trying new stuff. And what I mean by that is I am set in terms of razor, blade, brush, pre-shave, etc. I try a new cream when I run out of the one I have.

And my purpose in telling this story is to say that if you keep trying new product you will almost certainly find something that improves your shave at least a bit. But it will come at the expense of many fruitless purchases, products that have have researched to death only to be disappointed by, much teeth-gnashing, wearing of sackcloth, and ups and downs.

All this said, my advice to you is to stick with what you like. If you want to explore a bit I have got a killer set up for you.

Sign up for a GRUME (every month) and then you will have another reason not to buy another razor, if not buying another razor is what you want a reason for.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Thanks, @Flintstone65 . You are right. @Beefdrippings you are rapidly becoming one of my favorite members here. @CzechCzar could not have said it better myself.

I think between my E-type, the M (for nostalgia, I learned to shave on it), my Gillette Techs, Merkur 34C and DE89 on an Ikon handle, I think my razor searchings are over. I have a few favorite blades. I will focus on soaps and creams because they are ever new, no need to stop trying new stuff.

The hardware? Not so much. I'm done.

And @steveclarkus you are undoubtedly correct. If this sentiment takes hold, it is the beginning of the end for B&B! :lol:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Thanks, @Flintstone65 . You are right. @Beefdrippings you are rapidly becoming one of my favorite members here. @CzechCzar could not have said it better myself.

I think between my E-type, the M (for nostalgia, I learned to shave on it), my Gillette Techs, Merkur 34C and DE89 on an Ikon handle, I think my razor searchings are over. I have a few favorite blades. I will focus on soaps and creams because they are ever new, no need to stop trying new stuff.

The hardware? Not so much. I'm done.

And @steveclarkus you are undoubtedly correct. If this sentiment takes hold, it is the beginning of the end for B&B! :lol:
Don’t worry, it would be a highly unlikely outcome.

The first razor I ever owned was a Schick Type L. Unfortunately, in my teen years, my acne was so bad that I could not shave with any razor. The only thing that did not rip my face apart was a Norelco rotary shaver. Over the years, the Schick SE razor was lost/tossed. After retirement, I decided to start shaving with traditional shaving gear including straight razors, DE razors and SE razors. One of the razors I added to my collection was a NOS Schick Type L. The razor came with some vintage Schick injector and dual injector blades. However, they were not sharp enough for my liking. I purchased some of the Chinese Schick injector blades. They were much more to my liking.

Although I could shave with nothing other than the Schick Type L equipped with the Chick blades, I like to alter between razors in my collection. Sometimes I will use multiple razors in a single shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Are you sure that this is the place to ask that question? ;) 🤣

So I have an M type adjustable, and frankly I'm unsure which one, and I have a CanadianE4 Schick. I'm happy as a clam and not interested in "collecting" a lot razors, not in the least. Any reason to get another Schick injector because it will shave differently? I'm happy with the shave I get from these two.

blasphemer.jpg

Seriously though, if you're happy with the selection of razors you already have, then stop dancing around the rabbit hole.

rabbit hole.jpg

Top Bottom