What's new

September Photo Challenge: Backyard

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
For this months photo challenge take something in your backyard. If you don't have a backyard go to the park and take something there.

Here are the rules:
  • winner of the previous months challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • One entry per month.
  • Try and make the image a recent one.
  • Competition runs until the 19th of the Month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.
Have fun and lets see those shots.

Gracie the ferral cat.
20190901_100230.jpg

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have no back yard, but I got the front. Might be something there?
I would think so. “Right in my backyard” could literally mean “in your back yard” or figuratively, as in an area you are around a lot. I may be wrong, but don’t think so.

I was tempted to submit one of the photos from the hummingbird feeder thread (great outdoors), but opted to submit this backyard shot of a goldfinch with green hornet and dead sunflower.

IMG_9739 (3).JPG

yeah... my back yard is 25'x120 fenced and walled... there is nothing but the grass and weeds thanneed cutting every 3 days...

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I would think so. “Right in my backyard” could literally mean “in your back yard” or figuratively, as in an area you are around a lot. I may be wrong, but don’t think so.
I have no back yard, but I got the front. Might be something there?

Front yard or side yard is perfectly fine.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
yeah... my back yard is 25'x120 fenced and walled... there is nothing but the grass and weeds thanneed cutting every 3 days...
I was hoping someone would literally get down in the grass and get shots of grass blades with dew or water droplets on them.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I was hoping someone would literally get down in the grass and get shots of grass blades with dew or water droplets on them.

This time of year there is no dew here.

Is a couple of months ago recent enough? This is literally in my backyard.

DSC_0001 (2).JPG

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
You beat me by two fawns .. this pair was found in my backyard (you can see how small it is) a couple months ago.

fawn.jpg

A quick shot of a lightning storm that passed by this last week. Shot inside with my cellphone, looking out the back window. [emoji298]
proxy.php

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A quick shot of a lightning storm that passed by this last week. Shot inside with my cellphone, looking out the back window. [emoji298]
proxy.php

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Almost looks like eye sockets in a skull, and the rain on the glass is a nice effect.

Top Bottom