What's new

September 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Headshave today - Still in

Gillette Slim Twist
Perma-Sharp Super (2)
Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm
Maca Root & Aloe
Nivea Sensitive Cool

IMG-4805_DSC_4805 (2).JPG

Still in. Last shave of September
Pre-Shave: Warm shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C (5)
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: Omega S-Brush Synthetic
Soap: Fine L’Orange Noir puck
Post-Shave: Fine L’Orange Noir AS Splash
SV Illipe butter post shave cream
Castle Forbes Special Reserve Vetiver EDP

A rushed shave today as was running late for a meeting in town. Fortunately no nicks or claret spots, but unfortunately no BBS finish. Had to settle for a DFS+ result

September in the bag now and on to October’s . Stay safe people 😎😎😎😎

On the outside looking in; waiting for October!
Another good shave with my trusty Tech and Feather (108). I was under time pressure so I cut my shave short (🤭), but I still got a closer shave than several months ago when I had all the time in the world and a fresher blade. Yeah technique! 🤩 But I was sloppier than usual with the lather, too wet and I didn’t want to use more soap to fix it so I just went with what I had. Worked out, but not ideal,
Speaking of soap, it’s been months since I bought any and my supply is almost exhausted. I am committed to Mike’s, although I wasn’t thrilled with the current scent selection. So I purchased what I needed under the deadline wire. Maybe I’ll find I like the lime and honeysuckle soaps!

Last edited:
Still in!
Skipped shaving yesterday, so 27th shave of the month. As with the rest of the week only changing the razor - used a Dabo 7/8 full hollow. Great razor but the scales look pretty ratty due to discoloration. I normally don’t replace functional scales, but I may make an exception here, this blade deserves elegant scales.

670F08A9-D594-4A07-9037-2F333A50F44E.jpeg

Date:30.09.2022
Focused participations:30/30 Days in GRUME (formally out at 3.3% but no new purchases)
273/273 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Shave of the Week Society
Razor:Fatip Special Edition SE
Blade:King C Gillette (
Brush:Omega Super Badger
Soap:Haslinger Sandelholz
Bowl:Kox Enamel
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
Chanel Allure (Balm)
Passes:WTG | XTG | ATG
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:10/10 (clean as a whistle)
Comfort:9/10 (super smooth)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)

Fatip Friday was upon me again and what a Friday it is. Last time around I thought the blade was done, but today was super smooth again. Three passes and the baby bottom appeared.

I used short almost buffing like strokes this time - seemed to work. Lather was a bit on the drier side, but still have good support to the blade and razor.

Today’s shave was also my prelaunch for OCtober. Looking forward to it!

Friday September 30 - Last shave of the month.

IMG-4807_DSC_4807 (2).JPG

Fatip Open Comb Slant
Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Shavemac Silvertip 22mm
Stirling Ramblin' Man
Stirling Deep Blue Sea

Still in and no buying planned for today.
Only a small restock tomorrow, (a bottle of aftershave for Tabactober).

See most of you in the October thread

Gillette Rocket/Bic Chrome Platinum
Stirling Bay Rum
Clubman VIBR
Duke 3 brush

Congratulations to those that made it through the month!

Easy shave this morning. I've been using my Timeless razors and decided to transition to an older razor for today's shave. I mainly used vintage Gillettes for 99% of my shaves until I bought my first Timeless razor a few months ago. Since then, the Gillettes have been sitting around so I figured it was time to get back to using them. Two passes resulting in a very nice shave. Ready to get the day started and see how much work I can knock out before getting the weekend started. Have a fantastic Friday my friends!

20220930_060843.jpg

Success! September 2022 GRUME & SWS Completed

PXL_20220930_132413208.PORTRAIT.jpg

1954 Super Speed flair tip
Nacet blade (29)
Proraso white cream
Evo 2.0

Hey Guys
Congrats to All of us!...100% successful or not doesn't matter.

I have learned some of the positive benefits of restraint and it can also be a lot of fun at the same time.
Attention to improving my techniques has paid off tremendously.

During my first full week in SWS, I learned to appreciate Proraso and became familiar with how to create and apply a good lather. Using the Super Speed all week helped me to be confident initially riding the cap and progressively riding the bar.
The Evo brush is great, especially after I learned more about the subtle "art" of using a brush.

Todays shave was excellent! DFS+ with no irritation at all. The Nacet blade is still smooth but I will start with a fresh blade tomorrow in celebration of the start of Tabactober GRUME and a new week in SWS.

Thanks to all for making the month special.

Still in...
Schick Type G
Schick Injector (15)
Cella (273)
Yaqi Moka Express

20220923_134422.jpg

Congratulations to those who were successful and we all have an opportunity to try again beginning tomorrow.

I have no purchases planned for today and nothing needs to be restocked. There is a Lupo that's teasing me by leaving tracks nearby but I haven't taken aim and pulled the trigger... yet
:cool:

Success! September 2022 GRUME & SWS Completed

View attachment 1531104

1954 Super Speed flair tip
Nacet blade (29)
Proraso white cream
Evo 2.0

Hey Guys
Congrats to All of us!...100% successful or not doesn't matter.

I have learned some of the positive benefits of restraint and it can also be a lot of fun at the same time.
Attention to improving my techniques has paid off tremendously.

During my first full week in SWS, I learned to appreciate Proraso and became familiar with how to create and apply a good lather. Using the Super Speed all week helped me to be confident initially riding the cap and progressively riding the bar.
The Evo brush is great, especially after I learned more about the subtle "art" of using a brush.

Todays shave was excellent! DFS+ with no irritation at all. The Nacet blade is still smooth but I will start with a fresh blade tomorrow in celebration of the start of Tabactober GRUME and a new week in SWS.

Thanks to all for making the month special.
Congratulations on your extended blade usage! What was it, 30? It took me quite a while to build up to past the high teens!

Top Bottom