What's new

September 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still out for a couple of more days. I continue to get great close shaves (DFS+). This past month I’ve learned to get a clean shave in two problem areas, under the lip and farther under the lip (chin). I probably could get better and more consistent lather if I focused more, but I usually figure out what to do with it to make it work no matter what the outcome.

Day 28, 93.3% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Rockwell 6C R4, Nacet #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Midweek SV day again. Used the Rockwell 6C for a change, getting a comfortable DFS.

Still in

Blackbird Ti
Nacet (2)
345 Estes
Rudy Vey 25mm STF

C4AA210C-763F-4617-B05E-13E909FB5C38.jpeg

September GRUME and SWS

Super Speed flare tip
Nacet blade (27)
Proraso white cream
Semogue SOC brush

Hey Guys
I had to work slow and steady on the first pass. This blade is ready for retirement after tomorrow.
I briefly soaked the tips of the boar bristles for about a minute. I didn't want the whole knot to get wet or saturated. I think this made it easier to control the lather consistency.

October is nearly here. I look forward to a fun and adventurous month.

Still in! Same gear as yesterday, except for the brush!

Pre: Proraso White
Soap/AS: MoonSoaps Old School
Razor: WR2 1.15 OC
Blade: Rubie (1)
Brush: Duke 3 Best

I had to bin my Rubie after the last shave. Its funny but with my WR1 I can easily get a week out them but my WR2 3 shaves seem to be the max. Maybe I haven't spent enough time with the WR2 yet.

Still in! Same gear as yesterday, except for the brush!

Pre: Proraso White
Soap/AS: MoonSoaps Old School
Razor: WR2 1.15 OC
Blade: Rubie (1)
Brush: Duke 3 Best

I had to bin my Rubie after the last shave. Its funny but with my WR1 I can easily get a week out them but my WR2 3 shaves seem to be the max. Maybe I haven't spent enough time with the WR2 yet.
I like your new avatar.
Here is mine for Saturday

th-3170016638.jpg

Well I wouldn't want you to break GRUME - so you don't have to order. I just did it for you (I was already out of GRUME anyway, but hey this is a PIF - so I am only out once :cuppa:). Keep an eye out for the mailman!

My Sunday gift to you, because you have amazing razors and post fantastic pictures. And I like your name!

Guido (the older one of the two :biggrin1:).
Guido!!

This afternoon the mailman dropped your marvelous gift... 🤩
20220929_174038-01.jpeg

As already stated behind the scenes, you really didn't have to do that... but I'm very thankful you did! 😀That really was a wonderful surprise!

Thank you very, very much for your generosity, Guido! 🤩

Cheers!
Guido, the thankful one 😀

Date:29.09.2022
Focused participations:29/30 Days in GRUME (formally out at 3.3% but no new purchases)
272/272 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Shave of the Week Society
Razor:Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech
Blade:Gillette 7 o’clock yellow (4)
Brush:De Vergulde Hand Synthetic
Soap:Haslinger Sandelholz
Bowl:Kox Enamel
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
Chanel Allure (Balm)
Passes:WTG | ATG | ATG
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:9/10 (minor weeper)
Comfort:9/10 (very comfortable)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)

It was time for a milder shave again after yesterday’s one. The Tech so easy to use. And three passes later clean and smooth was the result - excellent shave!

Guido!!

This afternoon the mailman dropped your marvelous gift... 🤩
View attachment 1530633
As already stated behind the scenes, you really didn't have to do that... but I'm very thankful you did! 😀That really was a wonderful surprise!

Thank you very, very much for your generosity, Guido! 🤩

Cheers!
Guido, the thankful one 😀
You are most welcome my friend. And there may be a lot of things we do not have to do but when we do the world is just that little bit brighter. Especially when done for fellow shaving enthousiasts like the B&B posse.

Enjoy your shaves with this excellent blade.

Guido

Top Bottom