What's new

SEPTEMBER 2021 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter the season, no matter the weather the hunt should continue....

Visit the familiar places, seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I scored this yesterday 31 August but didn't appreciate the score until I shaved with it this morning, 01 September. A vintage 1930's T.R. Cadman ⅝ "Bengall" with original Bakelite scales.

IMG_20210901_084135.jpg

IMG_20210901_084231.jpg
An eBay find from an antique dealer who was originally asking a rediculously high price. It took me a few weeks and a few relisting at his high price to convince him to accept a more reasonable price.

It came shavable but after a diamond pasted balsa strop progression to my shave-ready standard, it gave me a superb shave.

#1. Authentic Greek Gyros in the States. Already consumed multiple. For anyone familiar with "real" gyros, in Greece, they're actually made from pork. Up until recently, these were unobtanium in the US.
IMG_20210904_191411.jpg

#2. Weber Polished Head (arriving tomorrow)
In terms of razors sold, easily my biggest regret. I miss my Tatara and British Rockets, but I'll be ok now that this is back in the den.
Screenshot_20210908-093707.jpg

#3. Titanium Vector (arriving tomorrow as well). Really like my aluminum General and SS v2. Looking forward to this one as I like lightweight SEs.
Screenshot_20210908-093352.jpg

#1. Authentic Greek Gyros in the States. Already consumed multiple. For anyone familiar with "real" gyros, in Greece, they're actually made from pork. Up until recently, these were unobtanium in the US.
View attachment 1324777

#2. Weber Polished Head (arriving tomorrow)
In terms of razors sold, easily my biggest regret. I miss my Tatara and British Rockets, but I'll be ok now that this is back in the den.
View attachment 1324778

#3. Titanium Vector (arriving tomorrow as well). Really like my aluminum General and SS v2. Looking forward to this one as I like lightweight SEs.
View attachment 1324779

Nice Razors. If you want to Have a great Gyro try one with Lamb. OMG THERE GOOD.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
A vintage Puma 1⅝ straight razor from about the 1920's. Should be in my expectant hands within a week or two.

s-l400(2)(1).jpg

s-l400(2).jpg
Will need a bit of a cleanup but nothing beyond my capabilities.

A19DB428-E6B7-45FC-A328-6BDE20B6CC7D.jpeg
FBB15212-7013-4350-8F4A-18F21A97A10A.jpeg
Found these this week hitting antique stores the fat boy was $25 in a case and the valet was only $10.00 I bought it because I liked the case lol razors seem to be getting harder to find in the wild

View attachment 1335032View attachment 1335033Found these this week hitting antique stores the fat boy was $25 in a case and the valet was only $10.00 I bought it because I liked the case lol razors seem to be getting harder to find in the wild
I've had amazing success spritzing those tired plastic lids (the whole case actually) with scrubbing bubbles.
Spray, let it sit a couple minutes, wipe with a wet paper towel and rinse. You'd be shocked...90% improvement.
I know folks who will polish and wax...but it'll fade if you don't keep it up, and IMO it's an awful thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom