What's new

September 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Getting to the end of the month and still in

C23E41B2-D10D-4ED3-948C-9F4D3FC47363.jpeg

Same setup as last time but different brush. This one has STF and is my preferred synth brush.

The rest, I would say, is not so preferred. I’m okay with the soap. Definitely not for anyone who demands a big tallow lather, but it is slick and rinses clean and I can work with that. The Gillette Heritage razor and the vintage Platinum Plus blades, however, are far enough down the list of things I like to use that they are at significant risk of being disappeared from the house.

Probably two shaves left with the AV. Funny how long stuff lasts sometimes. That’s why I have to be in restraint, everything lasts so long I probably have a couple decades worth in the house and it doesn’t even look like much.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
It is,

I was weighing one around the time I spoke to you, and when I fell out of Grume two months ago decided to go for it.

Still in, no shave today.
Did you have Simpson do it as a special order or did you find it elsewhere? I ask because we approached them about making a group buy G2 in super but we got stuck on the price and the minimum number of pieces so we went with Shavemac...and the Beagle was the result.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Did you have Simpson do it as a special order or did you find it elsewhere? I ask because we approached them about making a group buy G2 in super but we got stuck on the price and the minimum number of pieces so we went with Shavemac...and the Beagle was the result.

I ordered it from Simpson/Mark/Anna direct, and that order also sorta came from seeing the Beagle, it was a great price, but I prefer the 3 band super to the 2 band. You guys got a great product at an absolutely spanking price though (excuse the language).

The October thread is up. :)

Still in, and cruising toward that finish line tape.

I haven't shaved for a couple of days. The reason is epically stupid.

Take a moment, and try to think of the dumbest possible reason for not shaving for a couple of days, even though you wanted to. Fix it in your mind.

Ready?

Was it dumber than "I tried to perform surgery on my own face, and failed?"

Yeah. I've never had an ingrown hair before, but I have one on my cheek, growing along the under-skin line. It's reached about 3mm in there.

So I thought I'd dig it out, first with some really precise sharp tweezers, then with a titanium toothpick (sterilized, I still have a few brain cells left). Didn't reach it. But I sure made a wound (properly tended, see "few brain cells left").

I've decided to let it heal so I can shave. But what do smart people do about this sort of thing?

Still Out.

I've sent my Lupo 95 to another wet shaver for him to use it before purchasing the new razor.

I sold off my Zenith Boar brush (too much backbone for my preference for face lathering, or maybe I didn't gave it enough time? Maybe.) and that brought me to the thread "The Summer of Semogues".

It is an excellent thread which allowed me to get to the point where I feel that smaller knots in natural bristles are much better and easier to work with than larger knots - doh!

Now I find myself browsing the Semogue 1250, 1470, 1800, 2000 and Galahad. All see gorgeous and maybe a good little project to break-in and use them this winter.

I'll most likely wait for some good deals or exchanges to acquire some boars - just when I thought I was done with the natural bristles and going for synthetics.

Shave is scheduled for next few weeks with the Feather Artist Club Kamisori razor, I hope to continue using it so that I can become proficient with the Kamisori.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Still in.

No shave today, I will save it for tomorrow, last day of Grume. Another day of work, so it looks like? I will make it through this one! The record will go to 2-3.

Not that I don't have things I am wanting, but one is super minor/sort of a restock on the first, and the other has been back burnered.

See everyone tomorrow.

Top Bottom