What's new

September 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Ah, the 4 AM shave... an aging Gillette Silver Blue in the red tip Super Speed; a well hydrated and slick Arko face lather made by the lovely Simpsons M7 synthetic brush; TFS Torino Forti Sensazioni after shave, a little Proraso 'white' balm, and before leaving for work I think I'll give myself a couple spritzes of Acqua di Parma Colonia. I have to physically be at work from 7.30-9.00 this morning; after that I have Zoom meetings at 11.30, 1.15, and 2.30-3.30, so I bet I'll be back home and in my pajamas once again by 9.20 this morning so I can 'zoom' from the LazyBoy... but at least I'll smell really good!

Still in restraint.

still in and a DFS but a close call today
I got some Tabac EdT to go all in for Tabactober and was standing before 8 tallow stick refills @ 4.99 - I resisted so the GRUME is working :thumbsup:
IMG_0668.jpg

Still in

Pre-Shave: hot water splash
Lather: Simpsons Lime
Blade: Wilkinson sword classic (2)
Razor: Gillette Ball Handle Tech
Post-shave: Cold water, alum block and Fuar Ach Snog
Results: Bbs no cuts or irritation

My Ball Handle Tech is always a joy to shave with and Fuar Ach Snog is fast becoming my favourite way to end a shave.

linty1

My wallet cries.
What blade are you using? Have you tried a SoftGuard? Super mild blade.

I find my Hawks to be aggressive, but the Feather SoftGuard really mellows it out. A SoftGuard in a Hawk is actually way too mild for me. Worth checking out if you haven’t.

This was coincidentally my shave today. Much too mild but a nice shave.

View attachment 1329489

Oh, still in!

- Brush: Simpson Classic 2 Best
- Razor: Razorock Hawk v3
- Blade: Feather SoftGuard
- Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Pomona
- Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Pomona
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Huh I've never even seen the Softguard blades before... I'm guessing they are a smidge smaller in width? I did get a pack of Kai Mild's as I heard good things about them, so will try those when I run out of the Feather proguards.

I did switch over to a... Colonial? is that the name?... no wait: aluminum version of the General (I just googled it) and I remember it being milder, so I'll do that for now.

I'll let the m7/polo thing marinate. I'm just not feeling those two right now and kinda feel I have enough Simpson brushes at this point (and might end up selling one).

Still in.

RazoRock Lupo 95
Gillette Nacet
Geo F Trumper Violets soap
Zenith Manchurian
Witch Hazel

IMG_20210917_193402.jpg

I've been working on the GFT Violets since this month and I have achieved a very good consistency with this soap.

Lather is definitely better than the last time I shared the pics here and I didn't need to load the brush for 2nd and 3rd pass.

Huh I've never even seen the Softguard blades before... I'm guessing they are a smidge smaller in width? I did get a pack of Kai Mild's as I heard good things about them, so will try those when I run out of the Feather proguards.

I did switch over to a... Colonial? is that the name?... no wait: aluminum version of the General (I just googled it) and I remember it being milder, so I'll do that for now.

I'll let the m7/polo thing marinate. I'm just not feeling those two right now and kinda feel I have enough Simpson brushes at this point (and might end up selling one).
Sometimes I think I am Wet Shaving’s answer to Cheer’s Cliff Clavin. I am a wealth of useless information! 🤪

6C93B777-8380-4E07-B1A0-52B9B558BB7D.jpeg

Still in. Shaved early this morning
I went through the drawer and decided to give the iKon X3 a chance, which had another used Spoiler. Proraso White cream, a boar brush, and AV Ice Sport.

All okay but today is a hot day and I’m irritated. Should have used powder.

The iKon’s blade is out, it’s clean, and is now in the St. Sue auction.

Out ….. sigh …….. I’m a total sucker for Tallow+Steel Limited Edition scents …….. and this just dropped:

View attachment 1329982

No regrets ….. see you in October!
Well, you made it more than halfway, so that's something. :)

proxy.php

I hope you enjoy the set. Please do let us know how it performs.

And when a brother falls, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Stuart Ganis
3) rbscebu - out (9/2: Bay Rum AS)
4) @Roedeer
5) @sarir97
6) @henrickd - GRUYERE
7) @Sinnbad11
8) @JKar
9) @Contact_vs_Feedback
10) @Doti B
11) @Multum in parvo
12) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
13) @Adam18
14) @Kyle89
15) @linty1
16) ‘Bout Time - out (9/17: T+S Shikoku)
17) @hopper_64
18) Albion - out (9/15: Claymore Evolution SE)
19) @12stones
20) @cryhavoc - GRUYERE
21) @La Malice
22) @Herrenberg
23) @SharpieB
24) @Dodger59
25) @Timeclo
26) @Tomo
27) @Owen Bawn
28) JCinPA - out (9/5: Blue Blade Bank)
29) @pdieten - GRUYERE
30) CJB3 - out (9/7: Tallowbac)
31) @FL shaver
32) @srqshaver
33) @Jmp63 - GRUYERE

Still in although this is supposed to be SEptember and I’ve had a few DE shaves as well to mix things up.

I won a Gillette Tech ball end travel as part of a razor lot but can’t deal with the tiny handle so I used the head on a different handle along with a Gillette Nacet blade for an overall DFS.

Last night I used my 66 Slim with a Feather blade, also for a DFS.

My wishlist continues to grow…

Day 17, 56.7% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 OC, Astra SP #5
Post-shave: Nivea Balm.

Back to the open comb Game Changer, and an easy DFS. It's a good trade-off of efficiency and comfort. I might have to rethink my preference for safety bar razors.

Top Bottom