What's new

September 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in - Headshave today

Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm
Lather: Palmolive Classic
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cool

IMG-3355.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
A Gillette Silver Blue blade's last shave in the red tip Super Speed... either shave #9 or 10. I forget. Simpsons M7 synthetic; Proraso 'white' soap; TFS Torino Forti Sensazioni 70th Anniversary Corte Sabauda after shave; 30 minutes later a couple spritzes of Acqua di Parma Colonia. I wish TFS made this splash a regularly stocked item. I love the stuff.

Still in restraint.

still in - again a rushed two pass morning shave with the BIC Metal
DFS but sharpness was falling off a bit (3rd shave) so I binned it.
Nice travel razor. I'll do a back to back with the Bic 2 to see if it's worth the hassle to look for the Bic Metal.
Bic 2s I get in every drugstore around here while I pay more for the shipping than for the product on the Metal...

IMG_0660.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Brand new Gillette Silver Blue in the red tip Super Speed; Simpsons Commodore x2 synthetic and DR Harris Marlborough soap stick; Dunhill for Men balm and EdT. I really don't think much of these Simpson Sovereign fibre brushes, although it looks like many men really like them based on the number of Trafalgars I see. To each his own. I'm still in restraint, and I really smell good.

Still in.

I was busy taming the GFT Violets and so far it has behaved very well.

After using it for 2 weeks I needed to see some 'real' lather and opted one of first soaps that I purchased.

I almost went for Tabac but decided against it as using it might bring me to hate the GFT as it is exactly opposite of Tabac.

So I went for RazoRock Puros and thoroughly enjoyed it.

RazoRock Lupo 95
Gillette Nacet
RazoRock Puros
RazoRock 400 Special Edition
Witch Hazel

IMG_20210914_194302.jpg

BBS results and very happy to get a good lather again.

Still in!

Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Gillette NEW long comb
7 O'clock SS
Simpson Colonel
Witch Hazel / VIBR

Blade started to feel a little scratchy. Ended up binning it which was strange since it was on its 2nd use. Can usually get a week or more out of these 7 O'clock greens. Fun shave though. My Gillette NEW really keeps me on my toes. It's an excellent mix of smooth feeling bliss, but the kitten has claws if you're not careful. At least mine does.

Still in

Pre-Shave: hot water splash
Lather: Simpsons Lime
Brush: Beagle Black/tan bulb
Razor: Böker Olivewood Shavette
Blade: Miraki (2)
Post-shave: Cold water, alum block, Styptic pencil and Fuar Ach Snog

Normally I have a hard time deciding on what to shave with due to my having a test tube rack full of razors. This morning however the decision was easy as I had a strong urge to use my shavette. The 1st two passes went smoothly enough for me to relax and enjoy the shave, the atg pass however gave me a few cuts. The cheeks and neck were fine but the goatee area gave me problems requiring my alum block and Styptic Pencil.

Now that I've used up my supply of Skinfood I can start using the Executive Shaving Company's Fuar Ach Snog Post-shave balm. Apparently the name is the Scottish Gaelic for "cold but nice" which is an appropriate name for this product. The minty & tingly sensation was a good counterbalance to the hot shave that I had enjoyed, in spite of the third pass. I suspect that using this product with Proraso Green as part of a cold water shave will be a great early morning wake up.

Brand new Gillette Silver Blue in the red tip Super Speed; Simpsons Commodore x2 synthetic and DR Harris Marlborough soap stick; Dunhill for Men balm and EdT. I really don't think much of these Simpson Sovereign fibre brushes, although it looks like many men really like them based on the number of Trafalgars I see. To each his own. I'm still in restraint, and I really smell good.
I agree with you on the Soverign bristles. I am not a fan at all. I have a T2 and a T3 and they are collecting dust. I will eventually sell, PIF or maybe donate them in the upcoming auction.

I almost pulled the trigger on the Chubby 3 Sovereign a while back. Glad I didn’t make that expensive mistake.

To each their own and all of that though…

Top Bottom