What's new

September 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Still in.

No shave today, still feeling good.

@rbscebu Theres a local place here owned by a Cebuan family who makes lechon, had some yesterday and reminded me of you. Its delicious stuff.
Yes it is. Cebuanos certainly know how to roast their lechon, particularly baboy lechon. Masarap!

For those who don't understand Tagalog (Filipino), baboy lechon is a whole young pig (baboy) slow-roasted on a spit over an open fire (often of coconut husks). Masarap means tastes good.

Still in

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Astra SP (12)
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 24mm
Lather: Palmolive
Aftershave: Stirling Arkadia

IMG-3408.jpg

Still in. The finish line approaches.

If I had had any doubt that Acqua di Parma was going to be a one-and-done for me, that doubt was resolved by the aftermath of my shave with it two days ago. I broke out in pimples. Pimples! At my age!

Had to skip a shave yesterday. It's one thing to do that because of laziness or business or because I was a clumsy oaf with the razor, but I resented not getting to shave when I wanted to, just because I was attacked by my shave soap.

Today the CPM M4 tool steel razor finally came off the honing bench. I don't even want to think about how many hours I put into honing it. I love how it shaves, though, so today was the reward for all that hard work. It just slickly glides over my skin. Paired with MWF and my Beagle bulb, it was a very enjoyable shave.

And yet -- it felt as though I was getting a close shave, but I didn't get one. Not so rewarding after all. When I have the heart to return to it, I'll work out why. I've gotten great shaves from this razor before.

I still had fun. I am looking forward to getting reacquainted with my non-colossal razors when Big Razor Month draws to a close.

Still in and a normal head shave with my normal gear with usual good results. Leaf, Twig, etc. I’m using my travel stick of PAA Diver Down and my Simpson Wee Scot. I didn’t bring AS so am only using my travel bottle of Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel.

We’re enjoying roughing it at the cabin and the beautiful fall colors in the backwoods of the Michigan UP. Grilled up steaks tonight and we’re going to get some pasties when the local shop opens up from their fall break.

I’m thinking of buying a Russian motorcycle with the money I’ve saved from GRUMES.

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Still able to squeeze one more shave out of this GSB blade in the red tip. Proraso 'blue' cream and a Zenith synthetic brush. A little Proraso blue balm and a big splash of Floid Vigoroso. I literally have one half gallon of Floid but the 'new' Floid is calling me like a siren song from the rocks. We get better but we never get well, I suppose. Still in as of 6.00 AM, anyway. Have a great day, lads.

Gentleman I’m out!
Fear again got the better of me. With the confirmed news of Speick going tallow free I snatched up a couple of sticks.
View attachment 1333966
I'm always a bit sad to lose someone as we're hurtling toward the finish line, but FOMO is real (and strong). If you're so inclined - and I see you've already posted another SOTD, which is great - please do continue to play along from home, post in the thread and carry on in the spirit of the GRUME. We'll hope to see you next month.

And when a brother falls, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Stuart Ganis
3) rbscebu - out (9/2: Bay Rum AS)
4) @Roedeer
5) @sarir97
6) @henrickd - GRUYERE
7) @Sinnbad11
8) @JKar
9) Contact_vs_Feedback - out (9/18: Tallowbac)
10) @Doti B
11) Multum in parvo - out (9/25: Speicks)
12) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
13) @Adam18
14) @Kyle89
15) @linty1
16) ‘Bout Time - out (9/17: T+S Shikoku)
17) @hopper_64
18) Albion - out (9/15: Claymore Evolution SE)
19) @12stones
20) @cryhavoc - GRUYERE
21) @La Malice
22) @Herrenberg
23) SharpieB - out (9/18: Elite Shaving brushes)
24) @Dodger59
25) @Timeclo
26) @Tomo
27) @Owen Bawn
28) JCinPA - out (9/5: Blue Blade Bank)
29) @pdieten - GRUYERE
30) CJB3 - out (9/7: Tallowbac)
31) @FL shaver
32) srqshaver - out (9/23: eBay razors and blades)
33) @Jmp63 - GRUYERE

linty1

My wallet cries.
3913940C-FA5F-43B4-A0A9-B4E3949DFC9A.jpeg

Still in.

I think the trick with a shorter brush is to use a slightly dryer brush, so it doesn't whip up so much lather on the puck, and then gently add it while in the mug. Lathery fingers is no fun.

On another note I can kinda see the bottom of this tub of Catie's Bubbles!

Top Bottom