What's new

September 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Humbly gentlemen, I'm out. Fell at the halfway point to the siren call of the Alpha / Executive Shaving Claymore Evolution. I have fallen but I will try again in the future and I admire everyone sticking with it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Hey-- it happens. What you choose to do next is what really matters.You can try again beginning this very minute if you choose to do so. No need for one indiscretion to turn into a binge. Dust yourself off and keep moving forward.

Still in
Pre-Shave: Warm face wash
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4)
Blade: Astra SS (2)
Soap: D R Harris Windsor
Post -Shave: Alum Block
Williams Acqua Velva AS Splash
Nivea Protect & Care ASB

Lovely BBS shave again. No nicks or cuts and only 1 small weeper which the alum took care of. Also had my first ever head shave with avDE. No cuts or weepers but as with most things in life, there is room for improvement. Stay safe everyone 😎😎😎😎

Still in,
Really nice shave today and I used the same Voskhod as yesterday's mediocre shave. So that makes a lot of sense, overall no complaints on my end for the results.
20210915_194834.jpg

Hm, missed a couple of calls. Anyway, still in. Been too busy to worry about shopping, turning this

896D971A-C85C-4B1E-92F5-F8648FF841EF.jpeg

back into how it’s supposed to look and work

5EB7EE81-2B15-495F-AFE9-D88BDE657C16.jpeg

But anyway. Tonight’s shave

122524A5-73A0-4B26-9EEF-680F4FF200F6.jpeg

Brought out my Fatip Piccolo for the first time in awhile, found a Spoiler of questionable usage in it. Used it anyway. Worked fine but the razor is a harsh mistress. No cuts but lots of blade feel.

I’m trying to use up this bottle of AV Ice Sport before winter so as to break out the “new” bottle I bought last year next summer. Probably a half dozen shots left in this one.

The Beagle just gets better and better with use. It is a fantastic brush and I’m actually glad that it doesn’t have the higher end D01 knot. The knot it came with is perfect.

The Beagle is definitely my favourite brush, I've had another great shave with it today and I can definitely say that the Beagle has killed any desire in me for acquiring other brushes.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Gillette Silver Blue blade, red tip Super Speed; Butterscotch Beagle Bulb; Arko, face lathered, with a couple stinky sprays of a 30 year old bottle of Giorgio Beverly Hills to finish. I'm working at home today. It is probably illegal to wear Giorgio in public. Like getting hit in the nose with a hammer.
Still in.

Those M7 brushes look really nice (reminds me of the Stirling brushes), how does it compare to your Polo 8?
The Polo 8 is much bigger and the knot is much different. The Polo knot is nice but the M7 knot has more backbone. Totally different brushes IME.

The M7 is one of Simpson’s most underrated brushes IMO. Amazing for bowl lathering and face lathering. The handle is the most ergonomic I own.

View attachment 1329234
Still in.

Another good shave, although this is the last turn for this particular load out, need to switch things up. This Hawk, is too efficient for me this time. Not sure whats next… I might stick with an ac razor just to finish off this blade.
What blade are you using? Have you tried a SoftGuard? Super mild blade.

I find my Hawks to be aggressive, but the Feather SoftGuard really mellows it out. A SoftGuard in a Hawk is actually way too mild for me. Worth checking out if you haven’t.

This was coincidentally my shave today. Much too mild but a nice shave.

B3524EF0-7A3D-4B15-91A3-A4D027AFFC9C.jpeg

Oh, still in!

- Brush: Simpson Classic 2 Best
- Razor: Razorock Hawk v3
- Blade: Feather SoftGuard
- Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Pomona
- Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Pomona
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Top Bottom