What's new

September 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Still in.

I am pulling out my fall/winter soaps after 6 months in storage, so that’s like getting a new soap shipment. I don’t think I will waver any time soon. 👍

Using WK Iced Tea today (with my amazing Simpson M7 Manchurian) and NO Orbit tomorrow with my massive Polo 10) and then both soaps go away until next spring.
Your amazing M7... you got the better of my two M7 Manchurians. It has a terrific knot. I kept the other one, that has a very good knot (but not as good as yours) because I wanted to keep the butterscotch handle.

m7 two resze.jpeg

Still in.

Quick 2-pass CCS as I was running a bit late and still sweating after a morning walk.

Williams mug soap/Shannon's Black Magic
Omega Professional
Merkur 34C with 7 O'clock Green (5) WTG
RR GC 68 with GSB (4) ATG/XTG
Nivea Sensitive Skin ASB

I'm quite happy with my 2 brush rotation and seem to have no issue with BAD. Maybe that will change as I keep seeing pictures in these threads.

Peace

Still in

This morning was just a quick 2 pass with the shavette, same equipment as yesterday except for a Simpsons Trafalgar T1 brush. I've always rated it as a good Synthetic but it's nowhere near as good as the Beagle.
The Beagle just gets better and better with use. It is a fantastic brush and I’m actually glad that it doesn’t have the higher end D01 knot. The knot it came with is perfect.

Prep : warm shower / Bulldog original face wash
Pre shave : Proraso green
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Proraso Shaving Soap Sensitive Skin Jar
Razor : Merkur 34 C
Blade : Voshkod (7)

Still in, half way mark still on my first blade for the month, I hear some in February go a month with the same blade as a challenge … let’s see how long this one will last, that was the 8th shave on it. Work will get even crazier form now until January at least so I’ll post even less frequently.

You all enjoy the rest of the month, I’ll keep playing from home, I got all my supply for the rest of the month anyway that won’t be hard.

Humbly gentlemen, I'm out. Fell at the halfway point to the siren call of the Alpha / Executive Shaving Claymore Evolution. I have fallen but I will try again in the future and I admire everyone sticking with it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I'm sorry to hear it, and I hope that the Alpha is everything you want it to be. Please do play along from home and we'll hope to see you next month.

And when a brother falls, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Stuart Ganis
3) rbscebu - out (9/2: Bay Rum AS)
4) @Roedeer
5) @sarir97
6) @henrickd - GRUYERE
7) @Sinnbad11
8) @JKar
9) @Contact_vs_Feedback
10) @Doti B
11) @Multum in parvo
12) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
13) @Adam18
14) @Kyle89
15) @linty1
16) @‘Bout Time
17) @hopper_64
18) Albion - out (9/15: Claymore Evolution SE)
19) @12stones
20) @cryhavoc - GRUYERE
21) @La Malice
22) @Herrenberg
23) @SharpieB
24) @Dodger59
25) @Timeclo
26) @Tomo
27) @Owen Bawn
28) JCinPA - out (9/5: Blue Blade Bank)
29) @pdieten - GRUYERE
30) CJB3 - out (9/7: Tallowbac)