What's new

September 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in! Yesterday's shave.

SOTD 09192020.jpg

Still learning the ways of the shavette.

I discovered a nearly-empty tub of Piccadilly Sandalwood cream that needs to be used up, so I'm working on that. It's fine, but I'm really looking forward to Tabactober!

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S (4)
  • Nacet (11)
  • Piccadilly Sandalwood
  • Yaqi 24mm Badger
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Spice ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS

Still in gents.

Determined to figure out my tub of AoS Sandalwood. My lather was better than yesterday so I'm making progress. There are so many reviews of people saying how easy it is to lather but I disagree, but maybe I'm just pampered with the other soaps/creams I use.
I had that cream. I thought it was very good and worth about 2/3 what I paid for it. I seem to remember it was finicky about water. It took lots of fiddling to get right. But you won't have to wonder if you nail it. It'll explode in lather all of a sudden.

Not still in ..... #24. Sorry gents. Running too low for comfort on a couple Stirling products I can’t do without. Topped up my order with a couple shaving things I don’t technically “need” in order to get free shipping.

At least the Vector I really want is still in the cart. The GRUME cured me of the itch to go through with that one this month anyway. I’ll save that for a special moment.

I’ll re-up for the October GRUME. See you then.

Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, KoS Blue oil
Soap: Arko, bowl-lathered
Brush: Cheap Men-U boar
Razors: GC.84, Astra SP #3, GC.68, Boots #3
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase lotion.

At last, the bottom of the tub is showing through, in the centre of my home-made Arko puck. It's the one that did all of Arko August.

I have 6 more sticks of it lined up, and 2 of Palmolive, so no good excuses for buying soap.

Top Bottom