What's new

SEptember 2019

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm heading away for a couple, so won't be posting, but will shave with a Type M Schick Protector during my absence ..

But one last Type L before I depart, this one is described as either for the 1972 Olympics or the 1976 .. not sure, but mines Dutch I think. Brushed up some Proraso with one of Peter's creations, a 26 mm WW with a Shavemac knot in Cleveland Indians colors

View attachment 1017696
You sure have some interesting SE razor collections, I used a photo of your Canadian E5 black handled Schick injector over a conversation on another forum tread. That Canadian E5 injector comes in different variants it seems and of course a conversation piece.
Have some great shaves!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
You sure have some interesting SE razor collections, I used a photo of your Canadian E5 black handled Schick injector over a conversation on another forum tread. That Canadian E5 injector comes in different variants it seems and of course a conversation piece.
Have some great shaves!

Thanks Ron, I do love my Schicks.

Almost forgot to post!

Schick E2 injector today fellas- excellent razor :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Pal Injectomatic
  • Personna 74 (6)
  • Long Rifle Hawkeye
  • Art of Shaving badger, face lathered
  • Pinaud Citrus Musk
The least bloody of my Pal shaves, with only a minor jawline nick. Slow and careful for a very close shave. But I don't like taking so long to shave.

IMG_20190918_085536306.jpg

Been trying out this razor @L.A. Jones PIFed to me. Some of the easiest shaves I have ever done!

Razor: Schick I1
Blade : Schick (1-9)
Soap : Pre de Provence
Brush: 1 shave each brush owned (except a nylon)
Preshave: Noxzema/Hot towel/Lather/Hot towel/DIY pre-shave oil
Post shave : Lather/RinSE/Alum/Thayer's medicated WH/Hot towel/SEa Breeze
PasSEs : 2 w/touch-ups
Results: DFS/BBS

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I guess this post works for Schicktember as well. A great "on the road" shave with the H1 (aka "Hussy"), Arko and a Maggard's 18mm Timber Wolf travel brush.
IMG_2104.jpg

Ron R

It must be the weather changing because my skin seems to be blotchy and whiskers tougher. Took out my Schick injector i2 today and it performed OK but the results were not as stellar as normal and my skin and beard has been like this for about 10 days.(blame the colder weather:001_tongu.)

Razor : Schick i2 injector, mfg-1954-57
Blade : Schick (5)
Soap: Razor rock "The Dead Sea"
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft
Preshave: Wet the face + Alo Vera Gel
Post shave: Alum block + cold water rinse
Post shave : Dead Sea A.S + witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicating some irritation=:a20:
SEptemper 18-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Tuesday shave

PAL Adjustable
Schick (1)
Haslinger Seaweed
AP Shave Co Synbad
Witch Hazel

Very good shave but discovered a problem with the PAL on the head. The blade stops are large enough that it leaves 1 mm tracks of unshaven hair but I don't see it because the lather is still swept away. Head felt like a railway terminus after finishing

Yesterday, my Schick Adjustable with the same Schick Twin Blade (lost count).

Today, OneBlade Hybrid with a Feather Blade (4th)

Today’s shave: the Mighty MMOC (or OCMM) either way it’s a fantastic shaver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Gem Micromatic Clog-pruf
  • Gem SS (3)
  • Vintage Williams + Derby Lavender superlather
  • Finch badger, face lathered
  • Master Well Comb Lord and Master aftershave
First shave with the Clog-pruf, which I got yesterday. Compared with the Gem Bullet Tip, it feels like a little more aggressive shaver. I think there is a fraction more blade exposure on the MMCP. A much more audible shave too. But overall the shave is outstanding. I'll shave with the Bullet Tip tomorrow to compare.

Ron R

Just received my Schick golden 500 Hydro-magic injector yesterday and it came with some platinum injector blades that still had the preserving oil on the edges so took the 500 for a shave this morning. The results were excellent but alum block told me that it was a little to close. The handle on this beautiful razor is 5 3/8 inches long so folks who like long handles will enjoy this one.(Men & women)

Razor: Schick Golden 500 Hydro-magic injector J3 model Mfg 1957-64
Blade: Schick Platinum injector (1)
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea"
Brush: Schick Plissoft
Pre-shave: Warm wet wash cloth 40 sec X 2 + Aloe Vera gel
Post shave: Alum Block + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock "The Dead Sea" A.S + Witch hazel + Nivea balm
Result: CCS,DFS,BBs + Alum block indicated I over shaved but no weepers=:nonod:
SEptemper-19-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

0C84D8CA-A3B1-44EF-A504-7FAA573C6143.jpeg

Razor: Schick Type-B Closed Comb
Blade: Schick Krona
Brush: Rubberset 200-2 with Best Badger knot
Pre: GD Eucalyptus and Spearmint
Soap: MdC Fougère

First shave with my “new” type be closed comb. This version performed much better the my B1. Seemed to be a tiny bit more efficient but still had a lot of cleanup afterwards.

SEptember Shave 16

Schick J1 injector razor
Schick blade (13)
Omega Bigger Bambino Boar Brush
Razorock P.160 Italian Soft Soap
Dickinson's witch hazel for AS

Top Bottom