What's new

SEptember 2019

D28987B7-C924-4471-9658-207F5D9AC5D3.jpeg

Razor: Schick Type-A
Blade: War Packaging Schick Carbon Steel (2)
Brush: Ever-Ready 200cc TGN 16mm Boar
Pre: GD Unscented+Cooling
Soap: MdC Fougere
Post: Alum, Thayer’s, Skin Bracer, Stirling Unscented Glacial

Another great shave with my Type-A. Very surprised by these blades too. These carbon blades have held up, and I’m thinking I enjoy the carbons more then the SS or PTFE blades I use.

SEptember shave 11

Schick J1 Injector
Schick (9)
Omega Bigger Bambino boar brush
RazoRock P.160 Italian soft soap
Dickinson's witch hazel for AS

I'm getting monotonous! Yesterday was going to be a Weck Wednesday, but with a day off and lots of outdoor chores I skipped the shave. Looking forward to Feather Friday tomorrow!

Clog Pruf Peerless
GEM PTFE SS (2)
Haslinger Seaweed
2014 B&B LE Finest badger
Witch hazel then Captain's Choice Lime AS.

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914
Cream: CO Bigelow
AS: Proraso Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this razor. It’s really the only razor that scares me in my den (including my 8/8 Straights!) fortunately I have the version with blade stops otherwise it would be nearly impossible to position the blade correctly.

This razor is the exact opposite of a safety razor- in today’s world it would probably be taken off the market because there isn’t enough space on the razor for all of the warning labels.

If you want to know how solid your technique is- this razor will tell you.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Valet Auto- Strop
  • Feather FHS (1)
  • Proraso White Pre-shave
  • Proraso Blue + Gillette Pure frankencream
  • Caswell Massey badger, bowl lathered
  • Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Got a surprising good shave out of the Valet. Surprised because I don't have a lot of shaves under my belt with the Valet. The single-edge Feather is a terribly short-lived blade and I didn't want to use up my stock gaining experience. So I can't account for my good shave. Good prep and superb lather? I'll just have to enjoy it and see what a second shave on the Feather provides.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
If you like a nice looking razor and shaves more on the Aggressive side this would be a good challenge for anyone's technique, this razor is a little harder to master and will give reasonable results !

Razor: Everready Streamline razor 2nd Generation Mfg 1949-53
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10)
Soap: Razorock XXX
Brush: Razorock Noir 400
Preshave: Warm Wet face cloth for 40 sec X 2 plus Aloe Vera Gel
Post shave: Alum block + cold water rinse
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman + witch hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicated minor irritation a few blemish weepers =;)
SEptemper 13-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

8881177D-A1EA-4219-83E5-FE866980BCAB.jpeg

Razor: Schick Type H
Blade: Schick Krona (1)
Brush: Butterscotch Simpson CT
Soap: GD Barbershop

My first shave with my new type H. Inserted one of my vintage Krona blades into it to see how they paired. I had a very good shave with this little razor. The Krona blade worked amazingly. Way better in this razor then in my type B1. Got a clean, smooth three pass shave. Looking forward to using this one again.

This has been a great week of shaves and today was no exception. Thanks to a Gem G-Bar with a Gem SS blade (second use). I believe this was my first weeper-free shave with any of my Gems. No irritation. Just a really nice post-shave feel. What a way to start the day!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
View attachment 1016533

Razor: Schick Type H
Blade: Schick Krona (1)
Brush: Butterscotch Simpson CT
Soap: GD Barbershop

My first shave with my new type H. Inserted one of my vintage Krona blades into it to see how they paired. I had a very good shave with this little razor. The Krona blade worked amazingly. Way better in this razor then in my type B1. Got a clean, smooth three pass shave. Looking forward to using this one again.

Wow, another CT (looking like with the original Pure knot?) and the Type H. I'll have to try mine on the way back through Schick time ..

I'm only back to the L's today ..

SEptember Shave 12

Feather Friday!

Feather AC SS Kamisori razor
Feather AC Pro (2)
Omega Bigger Bambino Boar Brush
Razorock P.160 Italian Soft Soap
Osma alum block
Dickinson's witch hazel for AS

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Not 3 deuces, but a Four Speed at least. Tripping back through the Schick Time, this Type L-2 "Stick" was used with that same old Plus Platinum blade.
IMG_9447.JPG

Wow, another CT (looking like with the original Pure knot?) and the Type H. I'll have to try mine on the way back through Schick time ..

I'm only back to the L's today ..

I love my CT, even with the original knot. It was my first Simpson and made me want more.

USA: Ever-Ready 1924 Shovel Head
USA: GEM PTFE (11)
Germany: Speick stick
China: Yaqi Violet 24mm 2 Band Fan Badger
USA: Bootlegger's Green Freeze

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
One of my favorite razors and great for using a brand new break in period for a 1st use coated Gem blade. The razor and handle weight is 1 oz and gives one of the best shaves for a mild razor IMO.
Razor : Gem Featherweight razor MFG 1950-53
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (1)
Soap : Colonel Conk Bay rum:thumbsup:
Pre shave: Warm wet wash cloth against the face 40 sec X 2 + Aloe Vera
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Amici + witch hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicated no irritation=:001_rolle
SEptemper 14-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

• Valet Auto- Strop
  • Feather FHS (2)
  • Nivea shaving stick
  • Balea boar, face lathered
I didn't think the Feather would give me a good second shave. I was wrong. Two passes for close and comfortable. Will I get three?

A056C942-0C21-4CC7-9637-3DFEE3C12A0A.jpeg

Razor: Kampfe Lather Catcher
Blade: Gem PTFE
Brush: Rubberset 200-5 with 30mm Maggard 2-Band
Soap: Tabac

Did a quick and dirty shave today. NO PRE-shave, no real prep. Just slapped some water on my face and lathered on up. Really wanted to try out my “new” Kampfe LC. It is entirely different then my other LCs. More blade forward and aggressive. Gonna take some time to get the technique down, but I’m hopeful. My quick two pass left my face fairly clean and smooth.

• Schick adjustable, set to 2
  • Schick Proline B-20 (1)
  • Vintage Williams Mug Soap
  • Omega boar, face lathered
  • Witch Hazel
Sublime Schick Sunday shave.

Top Bottom