What's new

SEptember 2019

Hmmm having problems accessing forum with tapatalk...

Yesterday’s shave: RazoRock Hawk
Today’s shave: GEM Clog-Pruf

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Back from travels with my Type M - I'm skipping back a little further on my Schick timeline to the past (I'm not a JK fan anway) and hit the next older one that gives me a great shave. Type I-1 in what I have taken as an earlier case design .. Plus Platinum blade again (I've been using that one most of the month)

IMG_8915.JPG

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Absolutely great shave today!!! 3 very comfortable passes (although 2 would've done it) and I was left smooth and without a hint of irritation.

Razor: TNNSER 3-D
Blade: GEM SS PTFE (6)
Brush: Jayaruh #270
Soap: Morning Toast (Ginger & Bergamot)
A/S: Krampert's Finest Frostbite
proxy.php

Valet autostrop today. Always surprised at what a great shave I get from this razor. Not the smoothest shaver, but quite aggressive and it really moves down the whiskers!

C8D8F27F-3820-420E-AA67-A1511530638D.jpeg

• Gem 1912, shimmed
  • Gem Super Stainless (8)
  • Vintage William + Proraso blue shave cream superlather
  • Finch badger, face lathered
  • Limacol toilet lotion (really, that's what it's called Locion de Tocador)
Excellent shave, again. I've always gotten pretty good shaves from the Gem 1912, but these last two shaves have be stellar. Great lathers with lots of residual slickness is helping a lot, as is the shim, I believe.

garyg

Okay, just counted, and realize I'm going to run out of Schictember before running out of razors. So moving quickly back in time to the Type G, I picked one out of the half dozen in the drawer, the Special Christmas Edition G-3. Allegedly with a gold plated handle. The shaves are getting better as the years roll back!

The G-1 was used with the same old Schick Platinum Plus blade as before, Proraso Red stirred and applied with the Eagle

IMG_9487.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_2106.JPG

Razor: Schick Type-B
Blade: Schick Krona
Brush: Rubberset 200-2 Pure Badger
Pre: GD Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Soap: GD Tao
Post: Alum, Thayer's, Clubman Classic Vanilla, Stirling Glacial

Another rough shave, but I think it mostly stems from yesterday's shave. If I wasn't required to shave I might have skipped today.

SEptember Shave 23

Gem open comb MicroMatic razor
Carbon-steel SE blade (3)
Omega Bigger Bambino Boar Brush
Razorock P.160 Italian Soft Soap
Dickinson's witch hazel for AS

I think three is the limit on this carbon-steel blade. It could go further but today it tugged much more than on Tuesday.

garyg

Next step back in Schick-time would be the Type F, but I sold mine on to another member. So, I had to choose a Type E, The E-2 Imperial model. Great shave, and my 2009 B&B brushis still going strong

IMG_9489.JPG

• Gem Micromatic Bullet Tip, shimmed
  • Gem Super Stainless (9)
  • Vintage Williams + AoS Ocean Kelp cream superlather
  • TOBS Badger, face lathered
  • Clubman Special Reserve After Shave Cologne
Shimming the Bullet Tip didn't result in any change with the shave, that I could tell. Still mild. Using a blade nearing the end of it's run didn't help. Got a good-enough-for-casual-Friday shave.

Touch of fall in the air this morning, enhanced by Clubman Special Reserve.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SEptember 27 and looked at my razors and decided to use my fairly newly acquired Schick 500 hydro-magic injector razor and it did a wonderful job of this mornings shave. Nice long handle (5 3/8 inches long)for those who like that- I seemed to like it because of the change from my majority of short handled razors I use.

Razor : Schick 500 hydro magic injector- j3 model,MFG 1957-64
Blade: Schick (2)
Soap : Proraso green
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Pre shave: wash the face with CeraVe soap
Post shave:Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Proraso green + witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated no irritation + no weepers = :biggrin1:
SEptemper 27-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
JMT_2050.jpg

Went with a mild razor today again (the Kampfe really did a number on me)

Razor: Gem 1912
Blade: Pal Blue Steel
Brush: Rubberset 200-5 with 30mm Maggard 2 Band
Pre: GD Unscented+Cooling
Soap: B&M Behold the Whatsis

I'm glad I have a mild and efficient razor to fall back on. Gave me a nice clean shave without adding to my already irritated face.

Been lax lately.

GEM Flying Wing on the head was better than on the face. Just as good as the Clog Pruf Peerless.
Occam OREN on the face this morning with a Feather Super and brushless shave cream was just perfect and fast.

Feather Friday!

Feather AC SS kamisori
Feather AC Pro (4)
Omega Bigger Bambino brush
Razorock Orange Sunrise soap
Dickinson's witch hazel

This razor is the star of the month! Such a good shave.

• Gem Micromatic Bullet Tip
  • Gem Super Stainless (10)
  • Haslinger Sandalwood
  • Proraso boar, face lathered
  • Pinaud Citrus Musk Eau De Cologne
I wasn't going to use the Gem blade for a 10th shave, but was too lazy to change out my rotation. Still, a good shave. First time with the Haslinger. I'm impressed.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SEptemper 28 What the heck, I did some more tweaking to my C1 Valet Auto-strop to the gap. The brass is so malleable on this Canadian version that I was able to straighten and tighten up the standard .011 thousands gap to about .007-.008 thousands of a inch. Installed a new modified Gem SS PTFE blade and let it go once more with a 3 pass shave with a clean up. It was amazing shave for closeness but it does cut whiskers very close to the skin and irritation did go up on this shave and my shave was very much smoother as compared to other trial shaves with my C1 Auto-strop.

Razor: Valet Autostrop C1 open comb version,MFG 1928-35's
Blade: GEM Personna SS PTFE (1) modified blade corners trimmed to fit the Auto-strop blade holder!
Soap : Italian barber Amici
Brush: Yaki 24 mm Tuxedo knot
Preshave : brush washed face with CeraVe soap + Aloe vera gel
Post shave : Alum block + cold water wash
Post shave : I.B Amici A.S + witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum block indicated a increase from normal irritation + 2 small blemish weepers = :wink2:
SEptember 28-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom