What's new

SEPTEMBER 2019 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter the season, no matter the weather the hunt should continue....

Visit the familiar places, seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

B044CF97-1D83-4EC0-A474-A07AF00384A0.jpeg

This was my score today. Merkur razor, brand new strop, everything else in the picture all for $1.00! Best garage sale find I’ve ever had. Almost makes me want to shave off my beard!

Found this full bottle Avon Everest after shave yesterday in the wild for the whopping price (including sales tax!) of $3.24.

proxy.php

proxy.php

i just found this straight razor among a bunch of goodies the previous owner of my house left to me 5 years ago. I know it was made after 1890 but can’t be sure of the age. Anyone have any info? I’ve searched high and low.

I’m currently working in a barbershop and I find all these things interesting. Because I’m a cosmetologist, I haven’t learned the hon and strop yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
2 new brushes

1. PantaRei - Starry Night/Wood, Silvertip Badger
2. Alpha Brush - Titanium handle Outlaw style, SHD 2 band Fan Manchurian

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5D2CE70F-85A3-4BDE-9816-CB1450F17AB3.jpeg 83E2EFA1-26F7-4B41-8EEF-E8EB910C38D7.jpeg BDCACE48-EA29-46EB-82C3-24E6B2934901.jpeg 729CD30C-AD89-487F-A38A-3AA9BB8ADC16.jpeg E79E796E-92E4-4981-B0D7-DCA6F0FD27C3.jpeg 68CEAA12-1287-423B-9B9E-4B17149C1741.jpeg B44FADF0-F014-4B29-BFA4-C37D1D38DB83.jpeg 46D374F7-5371-4ED1-8147-A65C58A3B8DB.jpeg A4175448-9F8D-4AC3-ABAA-83EBE12E2236.jpeg 3day 2 night with the wife for our anniversary hitting some of our favorite antique stores out of town what a haul the after shaves are for the most part full a few are half or better more info in the Avon thread

This week I received a package from the Italian Barber. I wanted to try the ECO razor for some fun and went all the way with the Hulk green color. I have the original Hawk and the newer design looked like an improvement, but the V1 shaved so good there was little motivation to purchase another at V2. With the 1/2 DE blade design of the ECO and the 100 included Crown blades, I said this would be a good chance to try something similar and a bit unique at a good price. I competed the order with some RazoRock merchandise that I wanted to also try for some time - Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze shave soap and King Louis Lavender Aftershave Tonic. The Santa Maria is a soap that always appealed to me, but never bought, while the King Louis was to complement my Holy Black Lavender Creeper soap. I was hoping with the recent Holy Black drop of their secret stash I could pick up the matching Creeper but had no luck and did not even see it available, so instead of waiting forever, I decided to match it with King Louis. To round out the order I picked up a new alum block on sale and avoid shipping costs. This morning I broke in the Santa Maria and it is lovely. The scent is magnificence and it is smooth as silk. I highly recommend it. I will be using it all week to see how it performs, but initial impressions are fantastic.
Steve

IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5847.jpg

This week I received a package from the Italian Barber. I wanted to try the ECO razor for some fun and went all the way with the Hulk green color. I have the original Hawk and the newer design looked like an improvement, but the V1 shaved so good there was little motivation to purchase another at V2. With the 1/2 DE blade design of the ECO and the 100 included Crown blades, I said this would be a good chance to try something similar and a bit unique at a good price. I competed the order with some RazoRock merchandise that I wanted to also try for some time - Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze shave soap and King Louis Lavender Aftershave Tonic. The Santa Maria is a soap that always appealed to me, but never bought, while the King Louis was to complement my Holy Black Lavender Creeper soap. I was hoping with the recent Holy Black drop of their secret stash I could pick up the matching Creeper but had no luck and did not even see it available, so instead of waiting forever, I decided to match it with King Louis. To round out the order I picked up a new alum block on sale and avoid shipping costs. This morning I broke in the Santa Maria and it is lovely. The scent is magnificence and it is smooth as silk. I highly recommend it. I will be using it all week to see how it performs, but initial impressions are fantastic.
Steve

View attachment 1018903
View attachment 1018904
View attachment 1018905

Had a chance to try your cool Hulk-green ECO yet?

Had a chance to try your cool Hulk-green ECO yet?
Thank you Patti. The green does stand out and I like the look for something different. I haven’t used it yet but it is next in line. I have been doing the shave of the week thing instead of changing every day. I already have a week on the Schick but the blade is still feeling good. I don’t think it will make it this whole week though so a change will probably be soon. I’ll let ya know how it shaves.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom