What's new

SEPTEMBER 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine looking pickup, Steve. I thought about ordering the cream but maybe I should just go to the store since I've never been to one. In store do they have the discount on the cream if you buy the cologne?
Yes. If you purchase a 30ml cologne, they give you $20 off the bourbon Kingsman cream - making the cream $12.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
A classic arrived yesterday (via a BST trade)....
full

All three of these beauties showed up today. The one on the far right is my custom build from Wolf Whiskers and I supplied the knot. I bought the knot from Nick Zhang (Maseto). It measures 30.5 mm at the plug! Monster of a brush. The PantaRei was created for me from a photo that I took from the hospital balcony where my youngest son was born; just a beautiful and well done job.
IMG_2075.JPG
IMG_2076.JPG

All three of these beauties showed up today. The one on the far right is my custom build from Wolf Whiskers and I supplied the knot. I bought the knot from Nick Zhang (Maseto). It measures 30.5 mm at the plug! Monster of a brush. The PantaRei was created for me from a photo that I took from the hospital balcony where my youngest son was born; just a beautiful and well done job.
View attachment 822435 View attachment 822436

Three at one blow! And two of them are Wolf Whiskers! The PantaRei is sure to a constant reminder of that special event, Josh.

Three at one blow! And two of them are Wolf Whiskers! The PantaRei is sure to a constant reminder of that special event, Josh.
Thank you Ron! Yes, the PantaRei is super special; seeing it takes me back and everything is so vivid. They do some amazing work down there in Sicily.

Attachments

• IMG_2075.JPG
    IMG_2075.JPG
    783.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    667.5 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 822435 View attachment 822436
That handle on the left is sweet. I gotta get on that list.

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me:

First, I got the full set of samples of Barrister's Reserve from Barrister & Mann.

I won an eBay auction for a vintage Ever-Ready 100T. I was originally going to put a 24mm tuxedo knot I have in there. But now I'm thinking about getting a badger knot for it and putting the tuxedo in the Whipped Dog Handle that has the Amack knot. I'm not sure yet.

The other day I got a bottle each of Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande and TSM Fougére from Maggard Razors

And finally, over the weekend L&L Grooming had an anniversary sale and I took advantage of it and picked up a tub of Champs de Lavande soap.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Three days, three great items. Heljestrand Safety Razor, Henckels Rapide that turned out with a brass handle and brass highlights in the head after cleaning, and a MASSIVE Captain's Choice Soap Locker won in a recent contest held by @Captain Pre-Capsize. This can hold a 4 oz puck and still have room to load a brush without the lather dripping out. Oh, and it also looks beautiful.
DSC01822.JPG

Three days, three great items. Heljestrand Safety Razor, Henckels Rapide that turned out with a brass handle and brass highlights in the head after cleaning, and a MASSIVE Captain's Choice Soap Locker won in a recent contest held by @Captain Pre-Capsize. This can hold a 4 oz puck and still have room to load a brush without the lather dripping out. Oh, and it also looks beautiful.
View attachment 822764
Cool stuff. Interesting razors and awesome soap locker.

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me:

First, I got the full set of samples of Barrister's Reserve from Barrister & Mann.

I won an eBay auction for a vintage Ever-Ready 100T. I was originally going to put a 24mm tuxedo knot I have in there. But now I'm thinking about getting a badger knot for it and putting the tuxedo in the Whipped Dog Handle that has the Amack knot. I'm not sure yet.

The other day I got a bottle each of Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande and TSM Fougére from Maggard Razors

And finally, over the weekend L&L Grooming had an anniversary sale and I took advantage of it and picked up a tub of Champs de Lavande soap.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Excellent scores all, Rob. I have an Ever-Ready F40 very similar to the 100T, and since it looked unused, I decided to take a chance on the knot. It lathers fine, does have some backbone but is remarkably comfortable.

View attachment 822764

Excellent on all three. You do pick up some unique razors. That soap locker is a keeper.

You really should. I've got four Wolf Whiskers and two came via the list. Once you get on the list the wait isn't that long.
I am getting frustrated already. Three times in the last couple of days I've gone on there and been told it was full and there wasn't any new people on the list. Then I checked a few minutes later and there were new people there with 2-5 minutes next to their names. How am I not even getting a chance to fill out the form? At least if I got a chance to bring it up and filled it out only to get the error message because the other people submitted quicker I might be encouraged to keep trying, but this seems like the odds are like winning the lottery.

I am getting frustrated already. Three times in the last couple of days I've gone on there and been told it was full and there wasn't any new people on the list. Then I checked a few minutes later and there were new people there with 2-5 minutes next to their names. How am I not even getting a chance to fill out the form? At least if I got a chance to bring it up and filled it out only to get the error message because the other people submitted quicker I might be encouraged to keep trying, but this seems like the odds are like winning the lottery.
I think when I got on the list the last time Peter was making changes to his system. Maybe it is tougher to get on now. When the list opened then there was a glitch and quite a few people were added to the list. Sorry it's so frustrating.

It is almost like winning the lottery. You have to check his Facebook page every now and then because he'll give hints to when he will update the list. For this month, there are three windows where he makes space on the list. Those are the times you want to be looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom